BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE + "MY HOUSE"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly that, it feels more like something isn't right behind the scenes (but I imagine it's more to do with business and some big corp buying the rights to release whatever it is she has ready).

I agree about focusing on the music this time around, and I don't think she needed to do a full video album, but I do think just one video for the lead single would have been great and to help cement it's status in her HoF as the views would no doubt add to it's success.

As THE entertainer it's just a side to her I'm missing right now.

Ok, I'm just going to say it. I'm annoyed we don't (at the very least) have a visual for Break My Soul yet. I think the song deserves it.

Are we all just stuck drinking the cool-aid that is this album that we don't care any more?

I think we as part of the hive should revolt. Let's stream the album as much as we can in protest...
I just think it's crazy I keep hearing new bits and pieces in Break My Soul with every listen. Queen B knows she dropped a thique steak on our plates and she wants us to savor every bit of it with our eyes closed.

I mean, it’s objectively completely unique to what any other pop star is doing. She’s forcing us to re-contextualize our relationship with pop music and what we expect from the “norm”. It reminds me of how she pioneered the visual album release. Now that that’s the expectation, she swerves it again.

And the album is good enough for her to get away with it! How can you be “bored” with this audio masterpiece?

I mean, it’s objectively completely unique to what any other pop star is doing. She’s forcing us to re-contextualize our relationship with pop music and what we expect from the “norm”. It reminds me of how she pioneered the visual album release. Now that that’s the expectation, she swerves it again.

This is all good and fine, sure. But it still sucks shit! I want the damn videos! I would be fine with just one for whatever single they're actually promoting!

he/him

And the album is good enough for her to get away with it! How can you be “bored” with this audio masterpiece?

Not the intellectualizing of a lack of product, I cannot, honestly. Post that whenever we expect an artist to release an "album" after some "singles."

I did this two years ago in the Chromatica thread. Gaga inventing anti-promo.

CoolSlushyArgusfish-size_restricted.gif

She/her
Yeah I'm also bored now. If anyone wants to keep listening to this album without visuals, they can, but it'd be nice to have the choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.