BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE + "MY HOUSE"

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a glorious day it was when we all heard it for the first time!

As much as I never dreamt we would be here a year later with not even a music video and it is frustrating, I find it hard to get too pressed about it because the whole Renaissance project really did make my year last year (and continues to get regular listens from me this year). Such a wonderful and intricately put together project that I don't think I'll ever get tired of.

I'm just glad, with the absence of visuals, the album seems to be getting what it deserves with the support of a critically acclaimed tour. Bring on whatever is next in the Renaissance realm, I'm ready!

What a glorious day it was when we all heard it for the first time!

As much as I never dreamt we would be here a year later with not even a music video and it is frustrating, I find it hard to get too pressed about it because the whole Renaissance project really did make my year last year (and continues to get regular listens from me this year). Such a wonderful and intricately put together project that I don't think I'll ever get tired of.

I'm just glad, with the absence of visuals, the album seems to be getting what it deserves with the support of a critically acclaimed tour. Bring on whatever is next in the Renaissance realm, I'm ready!
The tour kind of make me forget about the visuals being dearly missed still.

The tour kind of make me forget about the visuals being dearly missed still.
Oh wow, but the teasers of the visuals she showcased at the tour interludes... I still have the images deeply printed on my brain. So strong. By the aesthetics I would associate them with Alien Superstar, Break My Soul, Church Girl, Heated and Pure/Honey... I'm sure we'll be on the floor whenever she drops them.

Oh wow, but the teasers of the visuals she showcased at the tour interludes... I still have the images deeply printed on my brain. So strong. By the aesthetics I would associate them with Alien Superstar, Break My Soul, Church Girl, Heated and Pure/Honey... I'm sure we'll be on the floor whenever she drops them.
Of course we need them but you're also so right, the tour interludes, and all the things she is presenting visually - just wow. I am so curious where this whole trip is gonna take us. I hope she will give us act ii and iii as promised and it's not another example of people naming something no1/vol 1/part 1 or whatever and it never is completed.

Basically, the round-up right now is:

- Bey’s seemingly attending the Met Gala in early May, likely debuting the remaining ‘Cuff It’ look from the Balmain collection.

- Next part (album) is out before the tour, likely around the cusp of April/May. Take this with a huge pinch of salt, but one of Twitter’s most renowned ‘insiders’ (who, to be fair, does actually have a pretty consistent, proven track record) has been reporting this for a month or so now. Last Vogue cover debuted shortly before ‘Break My Soul’, and now we have another. Nile Rodgers and The Dream have been sharing studio photos again recently.

- Album was initially speculated by fans to be called Reformation (with Act III being Enlightenment), but now appears to be called Future. Nothing concrete, but a few breadcrumbs from Oliver’s post (talking about Renaissance as a ‘battle for a better future’, the lyrics of ‘Pure/Honey’ referencing ‘future Renaissance’, the futuristic imagery from her last Vogue shoot tying in with Italian Futurism). Above ‘insider’ is claiming the title to be correct, too.

- Again, just a rumour, but the album is apparently covers ‘country, rumba, and R&B’.

- Still nothing on the visuals. People now suspect they might connect all the acts/albums.

So yeah, take what you want from the above with a healthy dose of scepticism. I was debating creating a new thread, but figured since all three ‘acts’ are seemingly linked, we could probably continue on with the same one?

To round up, @CaliDevotion basically co-signed these.

Reactions: Sam
Can you spell it out again x

Act I had initially a way shorter lifespan, more Acts should have been out by the tour. There were videos shot (unclear if it was for every single song, but I think so), that should have followed the teaser announcement, however she did get hurt at some point during production. Additionally several people have reported she wasn't completely happy with the visuals, and I think due to the success/reception of Renaissance she expanded her plans for the visuals and a dedicated tour. My understanding is that she has probably been shooting stuff for all 3 acts + tour rehearsals and that's why there was no promotion for this album, but I have also heard she is re-recording and re-arranging the other acts.

My friends were in Amsterdam for the show and heard from someone in tour management that this is her last tour, but I think this got misrepresented as to this being her last long-lasting worldwide tour. I think she probably expects to be on the road for a while to cover all 3 acts, but this is all speculation at this point due to valid rumors that there are more European dates in the works, as well as the Latin America and Africa legs.

Sam

he/they
Act I had initially a way shorter lifespan, more Acts should have been out by the tour. There were videos shot (unclear if it was for every single song, but I think so), that should have followed the teaser announcement, however she did get hurt at some point during production. Additionally several people have reported she wasn't completely happy with the visuals, and I think due to the success/reception of Renaissance she expanded her plans for the visuals and a dedicated tour. My understanding is that she has probably been shooting stuff for all 3 acts + tour rehearsals and that's why there was no promotion for this album, but I have also heard she is re-recording and re-arranging the other acts.

My friends were in Amsterdam for the show and heard from someone in tour management that this is her last tour, but I think this got misrepresented as to this being her last long-lasting worldwide tour. I think she probably expects to be on the road for a while to cover all 3 acts, but this is all speculation at this point due to valid rumors that there are more European dates in the works, as well as the Latin America and Africa legs.

Diamond, thanks!! She’s really coming to bankrupt me AGAIN?

Status
Not open for further replies.