BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE | Page 106 | The Popjustice Forum

BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Ensnare, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Covid and in case of the UK Brexit are to blame here in parts. Wish they'd organize that better.

2. Wow it has been all over our local news about the song and they are spotlighting Big Freedia as well.

Maria likes this.
  3. Slightly (but only slightly) off-topic... based on the sample and that this project is openly inspired by a genre built on the shoulders of visionary women of colour who've never been fully recognised as the songwriters, producers and sometimes even the vocalists (!!!) that are the beating heart of dance music... I wanted to share a video that I discovered in lockdown and watched daily during that period. Apologies if it has been shared already but I think that anyone rightly bopping to Break My Soul will want to spare a few minutes to dance to this too...

4. £31 shipping....

Soul in tatters

HolyWater likes this.
  5. Thanks god this friend of mine wants one too and we can split shipping…

Lapras likes this.
  6. I... haven’t ordered the vinyl just yet.

[​IMG]

myblood, fancygreen, Sam and 24 others like this.
  7. Please turn up on a UK store! 29,000 copies is a lot right??

blaze_dave and irishlamb like this.
  8. But it’s a Beyonce Store exclusive so I doubt it, just like the cd box sets.

blaze_dave likes this.
  9. Thats crazy cos on top of the $65 x shipping, you have the add the import taxes, here in Denmark the import is minimum $30 more cos of fees

10. I forgot about import tax… fuck my life.

[​IMG]

11. WOW! Beyoncé...BEYONCÉ!

I begged her to drop the queen, girlboss persona for her next era, fearing, not only that it's completely irrelevant in a post-COVID, Roe v Wade-world but also that it would simply be entirely unexciting for her as an artist to continue to showcase different versions of the same musical paradigm.

9.5/10 Best New Music

12. Heard it in the club last night

[​IMG]

myblood, TRAVVV, fancygreen and 28 others like this.
  13. They played this at the Trans Resistance March and Festival and the whole field went off! Every queer within ear shot was dancing: me and all the gay men, old dykes walking their dogs, black trans goddesses, baby queers out for their first pride month, happy gender nonconforming dads, and all the wonderful weirdos in our community! Beyoncé knew we needed this and she provided.

14. Honestly heard it in the club, the radio in the car, the SUPERMARKET. I’m ready for more continued slayage.

15. Not sure if's been mentioned already, but fairly sure the shipping thing is to avoid leaks. To make the July 29th delivery possible for international orders, shipping would need to be some time before and a leak would be inevitable.

This way, she (hopefully) avoids leaks (at our expense).

16. That’s not the reason, it’s just that shipping from the States to Europe (and shipping in general) is now very expensive. As it says on the vinyl page:

BEGINS SHIPPING JULY 29TH UPON ALBUM RELEASE

17. It’s number 4 on the UK midweek. Keep streaming!

myblood, Sam, Music Is Death and 12 others like this.
  18. She needs to unleash the video and collect what’s left of my scalp.

myblood, Music Is Death, Ferk and 9 others like this.
  19. I need the video and album artwork(s) to drop this week, please

myblood, Sam, Music Is Death and 16 others like this.
  20. ???????????

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.