BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE | Page 109 | The Popjustice Forum

BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Ensnare, Jun 10, 2021.

1. I honestly think in this day and age video upon release is the only option for maximum impact.

2. I do get what you’re saying, but ‘Break My Soul’ is perhaps the most prominent change of musical direction Beyoncé has made in over a decade - I’m not sure it could be much more solid that this is a very different era from the material across Lemonade, Everything is Love, and The Gift.

-M-, 2014, Robert and 2 others like this.
  3. Im posting this for no reason

myblood, TRAVVV, FridayNight and 33 others like this.
  4. I was underwhelmed at first listen and thought it was in danger of simply being too repetitive.
    It's the ultimate buzz single in my opinion.
    Somehow this gets better as time goes on. It has such a pull to lift your mood. Very excited for the album.

5. I was excited for her to return but this burned on me within it’s first week of release. It’s fun, but way too repetitive and not memorable all at the same time? I hope the album has some stronger output.

Ashling92 likes this.
  6. We go round in circles, round in circles
    Searchin' for love

[​IMG]

We go up and down, lost and found
    Searchin' for love

[​IMG]

Looking for something that lives inside me

[​IMG]

Looking for something that lives inside me

[​IMG]

7. Guys I finally got high last night and bopped. Well I had a schizo-ish panic attack and bopped. But there's a second hook. I swear to God, she's imbued the chorus with this sub-audible hook that I didn't catch until last night and it fucking pops. Effervescent and sexy and joyous. God!

8. The Gregorian chants in the background? It's giving MK Ultra.

cookiedough, Atletico, tea and 5 others like this.
  9. Anxious Stoner to anxious stoner yes god. The echoed You Won’t Break My Soul is further proof of Beyoncé’s divine genius

TRAVVV, ALEX and Your Pretty Brains like this.
  10. Yes! At first I thought I was imagining it but deep in that bass there is some Gregorian chants that are like a precursor to the choir arrangements later on in the song.

i heard this song in the dollar store today with a shitty sound system. I was still bopping, but I had also realized it had been so long since I heard recent solo Beyoncé on the radio!

11. I love being understood. (It was seriously awful I definitely almost went to the hospital dd.)

But! The song bops alongside this chamomile tea too so I'm still winning.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.

12. Every release is a moment.

13. So what was this about? Hopefully the video tomorrow?

14. Pretty sure it was in reference to this tweet that was blowing up at the time she posted

15. We do need that video tomorrow though. Update your bio, queen!

DMDR, Monkey Meat, Bobbyrae and 2 others like this.
  16. [​IMG]

17. The other day I was imagining that another great reference point for the Renaissance album could be Stevie Wonder’s Hotter Than July.
    To think of an album centering dance, disco, and hints of country, and then to have some of that 70s/80s summertime soul interlaced??

Hotter than July isn’t necessarily *thee* genre or even soundscape I want to hear but I just love how that album captures the spirit of summer, being outside, and Black family reunion BBQ season so well.

I just want to dance when I hear the album and be elated and groove and sing along even when things slow down.

and on the topic of Stevie let’s just repost this because what a vocal showcase

godspeed, Mr Blonde, Maria and 3 others like this.

18. we’ve got a caption and a cover!!!!

19. Sweet Jesus! I know it won’t be, but that would be an incredible album cover.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.