BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE | Page 118 | The Popjustice Forum

BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Ensnare, Jun 10, 2021.

ohdenny, Ashling92, myblood and 49 others like this.
  2. This looks like an album Anthony Fantano would slap to.

3. As an uptight, high-strung girlie who can’t relax, I’m getting my LIFE. These girls have no excuse!

4. Don't know how anyone can listen to Bey scream:

HEY BABY - WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK I IS?
    I SMELL THAT FRAGRANCE ON YOUR LOUIS KNIT, BOY
    SO GIVE MY FAT ASS A BIG KISS, BOY
    TONIGHT I'M FUCKING UP ALL YOUR SHIT, BOY

and think, "hm, this is boring"

godspeed, myblood, Ferk and 61 others like this.
  5. To be fair, Break My soul does sorta have a message. More than most of her recent (main project) singles.

myblood, Wishlight, Mr Blonde and 9 others like this.
  6. Some of you need to stop exposing yourselves like this.
    [​IMG]

7. Damn sis did you really want a target that big on your head

KaranPCD and inevitable like this.
  8. BTG

BTG

Looking at the post history and well…

[​IMG]

9. Beyoncé's first top 5 single (of hers) since...2011?

jvckkk likes this.
  10. Drunk in Love went to number 2 after self-titled dropped. Halo(!) was her last solo top 5 though which is pop injustice.

11. Best Thing I Never Had*

edit: I think we’re discussing different charts. Giselle her globalité.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    Wishlight and Secret like this.
  12. I'm referring to this:

13. Oh ddd. Sorry I assumed we meant Billboard!

jvckkk likes this.
  14. I'm a horsegirl now!

[​IMG]

15. The time is now for this '92 Mugler look.

[​IMG]

16. I'd like to add something inconsequential (but important to me)... this single is A-Listed at Radio 1 in the UK and for someone (and I mean someone female) aged 40 to be leading the Big Pop Girl charge so effortlessly at a station that regularly destroys female careers well before this with the dismissive excuse of "not relevant to our audience, 18-25 etc"... she's treading just outside the footsteps of Madonna circa Music ("just outside" because she's fucking Beyonce, not Madonna) and I love to see it... M had experienced multiple comebacks by that point (ageism, sexism) and Bey continues to just be... ABOVE all of it... as in, nobody at these ageist institutions even dares MENTION age in relation to her... she's smashing again because she is next-level and everybody knows it...

Also, as someone the same age as her I am disgusted that I dismissed her as an average vocalist with limited charisma and great industry connections (and amazing singles) until 4 and... I hope she can one day forgive me for failing to see earlier that she was another legend in the making...

17. She literally snapped on that one and I loved every second of it.

18. It’s the way the I Am… Tour was the best show I had ever seen at that point and in the 13 years since she has more than doubled in her artistry and abilities as a performer. What really is exciting is not knowing if she’s even reached her peak yet!

TRAVVV, scottdisick94 and Maria like this.
  19. In her own words she did with Coachella, she mentions not ever wanting to push her body in that way again, but that's why I think a dance album is the perfect follow up on a tour because Beyoncé is someone who also explores and pushes technology forward on her live shows and I can see her focusing on the experience to make up for the fact that she is older and probably won't be able to deliver to the level she did before.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.