BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE | Page 231 | The Popjustice Forum

BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Ensnare, Jun 10, 2021.

1. There’s definitely a bit of Dance For You in Plastic on the Sofa

myblood, Sam, superultra and 7 others like this.
  2. I’m not gonna lie, I wasn’t a huge fan of Break My Soul when it first came out. But in the context of the record, it sounds much much stronger.

myblood, Ashling92, Sam and 16 others like this.
  3. Keep streaming Break My Soul. Would be great to get number 1 in the UK too but it’s unlikely.

4. Is it unlikely? It’s number 1 on Spotify?

5. Are we at the point of prematurely ranking the album yet? No?

1. CUFF IT
    2. SUMMER RENAISSANCE
    3. HEATED
    4. COZY
    5. THIQUE
    6. BREAK MY SOUL
    7. CHURCH GIRL
    8. PURE/HONEY
    9. ALIEN SUPERSTAR
    10. ENERGY
    11. VIRGO'S GROOVE
    12. ALL UP IN YOUR MIND
    13. PLASTIC OFF THE SOFA
    14. MOVE
    15. AMERICA HAS A PROBLEM
    16. I'M THAT GIRL

Really, my least favourite on this album would be top 5 on most other BPG albums. It was both instantly amazing and also continues to develop. A masterpiece.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
  6. I'm pretty sure we haven't had a UK number one by a female artist over 40 since 4 Minutes (and no, of course Running Up That Hill and All I Want For Christmas Is You don't count) so it would be nice if she could do it.

Denemarken, superloves, Ferk and 6 others like this.

7. Okay yesss

myblood, Ashling92, LPT and 10 others like this.
  8. It's only ahead by a very small margin, and behind on other metics. It's unlikely it'll be #1 this week but I sense a new peak of 2 or 3 (though likely will be #1 in the first midweeks). This is where a video drop would have come in handy.

Blond likes this.
  9. @superultra will be seeing them in court!

myblood, FINISH LINE, LPT and 21 others like this.
  10. I try to make a top 5 of the album but I can't do it, basically 'Alien Superstar', 'All Up In Your Mind', 'Cozy', 'Thique', 'Virgo's Groove', 'Pure/Honey', 'Heated' and 'Move' are the cream for me.

Ferk and Wild Man. like this.
  11. I need her to drop the instrumentals and acapellas for this album so I can make an extended mix of the first half of PURE/HONEY, I could live in Beyonce vamping over ballroom beats

myblood, GimmeWork, Sam and 12 others like this.
  12. I was thinking this earlier. It wasn’t one of the more immediate tracks at first but today it’s the one I can’t stop singing. The layers this album has feel never ending.

13. Break My Soul really deserves the number one. And we deserve a video.

I know she wants to high horse about not doing visuals this go around but please... something, anything.

myblood, Sam, superultra and 8 others like this.
  14. I think at this point I can say this has the potential to be my favorite Bey album, knocking long-time queen B’Day from the top spot. Both exude this explosive energy that captivates and invigorates; it is music that makes you feel alive. Time will tell, of course, but RENAISSANCE’s boundary-pushing creativity and exuberance for life sort of inevitably makes it a champion.

Sam, Steve003, eatyourself and 3 others like this.
  15. ALL UP IN YOUR MIND is the Kitty Kat of this album, I have decided. I can't quite articulate why but they just have a very similar ~aura to me

16. Renaissance really is all my favorite parts of all her albums. Genuinely a stan's dream.

17. TMI

TMI

What other great pop albums containing a continuous mix of songs have we got?

I think of Madonna’s Confessions and Agnes’ Magic Still Exists. Other examples?

18. There are surprisingly good AI filtered instrumentals and acapellas on YouTube already, I’ve been getting my fix from them.

Andy French likes this.
  19. I just saw this note about Uncle Jonny while browsing the Genius listing for "Heated." Wow, this adds so much resonance to the album. These kind of dedications can be a little contrived, but given the themes of the album, whew.

Jonny.png

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
    GimmeWork, tea, Sam and 7 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.