BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE | Page 232 | The Popjustice Forum

BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Ensnare, Jun 10, 2021.

1. The way Alien Superstar has absolutely taken over my LIFE

FINISH LINE, Ashling92, tea and 21 others like this.

2. I’m sure it’s been said, but the bass line in “All Up in Your Mind” is so Rooty.

3. Cozy is the one for me. What a beast of a song.

FINISH LINE, Ashling92, tea and 2 others like this.
  4. My dive into her discography has led me to believe B'Day is her best album. I think Renaissance could match it in time though.
    Also, this being a regional bonus? Madness.

Verandi and man.tis.shrimp like this.
  5. The way it's SO:​

EXPENSIVE
    luxurious slicK
    [​IMG]

DENSE
    concentrated staggering
    [​IMG]

TIMELESS
    elegant effortless
    [​IMG]

6. A GAY FANTASIA
    it's always Summer when you have Donna
    [​IMG]

myblood, Tabris, LPT and 32 others like this.
  7. Would you say it’s never winter when it’s Donna Summer all year long?

Sam, superultra, Wishlight and 18 others like this.
    Wishlight and Mr.Arroz like this.
  9. 2014

2014 Staff Member

She has amazing albums and this is of course not to write any of those off but....after a weekend of Renaissance, it's far and away her best. It has the the soul of Dangerously In Love, the bop sensibility of B'Day, the intention of Sasha Fierce (x100), the variety of 4, the audacity of self-titled and the heart of Lemonade - it's all there and so apparent across the whole of this record that it's just still blowing my mind.

10. And all of them are being a 10.

[​IMG]

myblood, stuaw, Remyky22 and 19 others like this.
  11. Yep. Renaissance is #1 in my book, too. I don’t want to knock on Lemonade, because that’s an important album in its own right, but Renaissance builds on the foundations laid down by Self-titled, particularly my favorite songs on it (Haunted, Partition, Blow, Drunk In Love), and it’s what I’ve always wanted from her.

Front-to-back all killer, no filler, no trendy Sia or Ryan Tedder moments, no Jay Z, no dull or mournful ballads to throw off the vibe. It’s just bulletproof in its consistency. It’s sexy, confident, adventurous, rich, and glamorous. And there’s a lot of value to be found in how an album like this can make you feel, especially in times like these. Anyone who’s a fan of What’s Your Pleasure?, Roisin Machine, Honey, and other albums in that vein can understand.

The cherry on top? That continuous mix (seriously - what a treat), the fluid transitions, the thought and care that went into the sequencing. It’s 16 tracks long, but it has the ease of playability that B’Day had within 10 tracks.

I honestly haven’t been overly excited by Beyoncé since Lemonade, so for her to reel me in like this and have me fully gagged like this speaks to her power. What an album.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
    myblood, stuaw, Remyky22 and 47 others like this.
  12. The final minute of Heated just gives me so much life. I’m going to need her to give us a tour cause we know that song is going to go tf off live

tea, bazayer, superultra and 5 others like this.
  13. "Me and my girlfriends came out to play
    Fireworks and champagne, chantilly lace"

idk why but this part gives me G*rls Al*ud.

14. Not sure why the segues are greyed out but it really is a continuous mix.

LPT, Wishlight, eatyourself and 7 others like this.
  15. This is hands down my favourite Beyonce album already. I’ve enjoyed them all, but this one is just instant love!

Wishlight, Maria, Tchelitchew and 3 others like this.
  16. 2014

2014 Staff Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Roisin Machine is a must listen if you haven’t already.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.