BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE | Page 264 | The Popjustice Forum

BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Ensnare, Jun 10, 2021.

1. I’m about to be controversial.

I wouldn’t of been mad if HEATED actually was a Drake collab

Ashling92 and Troylovesmusic like this.
  2. Stream Flo!

3. I actually expected it when I saw him in the credits and was kind of disappointed when it wasn’t a feature .

4. I’m glad “Heated” wasn’t a feature. Love the song, but it doesn’t need it.

Wishlight, Dijah., R92 and 16 others like this.
  5. The idea of Drake ruining Heated is causing me chest pain. Everyone please be serious.

6. Heated has gone from being a cute girl to an absolutely undeniable banger that is challenging for my favourite from the album. We love a grower.

7. Heh, in the UK, wasn’t it a UK girl group that kept the song from being a #1 wasn’t it?

and it was “Eternal Flame” to boot. Yuck.

Sleepycat likes this.
  8. Wait. What?
    The UK Store only charge £32 or something

9. The way I haven't been able to get it off my head since blasting it in the car yesterday in scorching heat. Queen of soundtracking heatwaves!

Purple likes this.
  10. That was for the limited edition with the Alt cover

this £65 one is for a “collector’s edition”, although I don’t think it’s worth the hard shell box or the booklet

11. This record is giving me so much joy during a time when I really needed it. I already know that whenever I listen to it in the future, I’ll be taken back to this time. It’s a very special feeling when an album becomes so connected to a specific time in your life.

ALEX, Dijah., nooniebao and 3 others like this.
  12. I'm late, but the bottom song on the album is obviously All Up In Your Mind

13. [​IMG]

14. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

She's lucky she got Drake before his decline

This was and still is a damn moment.

FINISH LINE, LPT, Wishlight and 43 others like this.
  15. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or tip tip tip on hardwood floors, ten ten ten across the board. Give me face face face face face, yah. Your face card never declines, my God. Eat it, eat it, eat it, eat it, eat it, eat it, mmm, yummy yummy yum, make that bummy heated. Make a pretty girl talk that shitty, whisky 'til i'm tipsy, glitter on my kitty. Cool it down, down, down, my pretty. Bad, bad bitchy make the bad bitch glitchy. Fine fine fine fine fine fine fine fine, liberated living like we ain't got time. Yadda yadda yah, yadda yadda yah yah, yadda yadda yadda bom bom kah kah. Blasting on that ass, blast on that ass. Fan me quick, girl, I need my glass. Fan me off, my wrist goes click. Dimples on my hip, stretch marks on my tits. Drinking my water, minding my biz, Monday i'm overrated, Tuesday on my dick. Flip-flop-flippy-flip-flopping-ass bitch, fan me off, watch my wrist go click. Fan me off, i'm hot hot hot like stolen Chanel, lock me up in jail. Cuff me please 'cause this ain't fair, dripped in my pearls like Coco Chanel. Uncle Johnny made my dress, that cheap Spandex she looks a mess. Fan me off, i'm hot hot hot like stolen Chanel, lock me up in jail. Fingertips go tap, tap, tap on my MPC making disco trap. Uncle Johnny made my dress, that cheap Spandex she looks a mess.

klow, Dynamo, LPT and 56 others like this.
  16. I was waiting for a reference to that, but this is way more than I even hoped for.

Wishlight, nooniebao, Andrew and 4 others like this.
  17. Yes it is the bottoms’ fave aka taste aka anthem aka bopppp.

Wishlight, Dijah., R92 and 11 others like this.
  18. Delete this?

19. Despite this album being so overly joyous and exuding fun, it makes me want to cry—not for any bad reasons, but because she made an album that feels like a safe space for capital-B, Black queerness. I know she's a cishet woman, so there's nuances of queerness that she'll never live and understand, but her inclusion of Black queer voices in the samples, songwriting, and production fills me with cathartic emotion. I've been hammering this album non-stop since it dropped because it feels like an escape from the increasing turmoil of the world around me and the one within me.

It reminds me of the commencement speech she did in collaboration with YouTube for 2020 college grads, this part in particular:
    In hindsight, the explicit parts of that speech about queerness and Blackness really do set in stone for me that she'd been working on Renaissance this whole time like she said. It hammers home that she saw those as the demographics of her fanbase who needed the most uplifting.

And she was right.

This album has been soothing me, uplifting me, and empowering me in ways a body of work hasn't in a long-ass time. The album, for me, has ushered in a joyous reclamation of myself. All parts of me—my Blackness, my queerness, my femininity. It's been a joy to run towards this album everyday since its release. I hope to run to it for many more years to come.

Dynamo, FINISH LINE, sesita and 58 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.