BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE | Page 294 | The Popjustice Forum

BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Ensnare, Jun 10, 2021.

1. I don’t get how some people aren’t into the album…. Like what’s not to love?
    I just saw a tiktok by some white straight man calling the album shit and saying Drake’s album was better…. Jesus.

GimmeWork, Wishlight, K94 and 13 others like this.
  2. Honestly? Good. This album is not for him and should not be cheapened by his straight white man ears!

3. You just know you’re gonna have a blessed hour and 2 minutes when you turn this on. A great ride.

GimmeWork, Wishlight, K94 and 14 others like this.
  4. The futuristic switch up in All Up in Your Mind. Help I am obsessed.

sesita, Ashling92, GimmeWork and 18 others like this.
  5. If I don't listen to this album on the way to work, something feels wrong about my day. If I don't listen to this album in full, it also doesn't hit the same. It's an incredible experience from start to finish that I genuinely don't see myself getting tired of reliving.

The people who don't like the album are obviously perfectly entitled to their wrong opinion though.

6. I pretty much have only listened to this since it was released and my vinyl arrived the other day. I work at a restaurant/bar that exclusively only plays vinyls during service so guess what I'm going to try and play today?

7. Honestly who’s not into this album? I mean why focusing on three people?

irishlamb likes this.
  8. Shuffle played Heated right after Mine.

[​IMG]

9. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

10. America Has A Problem needs to get more love!

11. We love our albums honoring dead aunts and uncles!

12. I'm obsessed with this album, it's borderline impossible to play anything else, and even though it's not my top track I think my favourite moment comes from Plastic off the Sofa:

"I think you're soo cooool... even though I'm cooler than you"
    *finger snaps and cheeky laughter*

It's just so light and joyous, and a playful reminder that even when vulnerable, she's still in charge. Love it.

13. You literally answered your question!

14. The Terry Hunter remix of BREAK MY SOUL is so wonderful; the song itself already felt defiant and exuberant but his soulful production really adds to the joy in the lyrics.

It speaks to the strength of the source material that all the remixes are really great, even will.i.am's. That's talent!

FINISH LINE, dvno, fancygreen and 9 others like this.
  15. Heated and I have been besties lately. What a bop.

16. That loud, mushy, 00s rock production style on the album…*Azealia Banks with sand blaster and goggles*. It’s such an unpleasant album to listen to.

Purple, Suburbia, Sleepycat and 3 others like this.
  17. 2014

2014 Staff Member

The way no song here is below an 8 for me? She's gonna stomp the BPG 2022 rate xx

18. Can’t wait to hear Break My Soul in the clubs! Never been this hyped for a female lead single in a long time!

FresherThanYou and cleosnatchra like this.
  19. I literally have played nothing else since this came out, and not only do I not feel close to wearing it out, I also haven’t singled out a small number of tracks to ‘run away with’. I have an absolute, uncompromising desire to play the full thing start to finish multiple times a day. It’s just an absolute dream.

Tracy Jacks, craiggci and Maria like this.
  20. Just curious about the “female” qualifier; are there male lead singles you’ve been hyped for?

Sunny B and Trouble in Paradise like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.