BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE | Page 297 | The Popjustice Forum

BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Ensnare, Jun 10, 2021.

1. W2K

W2K

Yeah I have to say, I wasn't a fan of Break My Soul until I heard in the context of the album. Now I really like it.

2. The Queens Remix saved this era for me. Excited for future rmixes and videos which I think will further increase enjoyment.

3. I went to an outdoor event on Saturday and when Break My Soul came on everyone lost their shit! It sounds so good Loud! I can’t even imagine what it’s first live outing will be like. I just know I need it asap

4. Can the VMAs give her a 15 minute/half hour/the whole show slot please.

5. I gotta say the only missing piece of all this is seeing her perform. Video, live performance, I don’t care I just want to see her destroy some choreography.

6. Kelis would have fit right in on “Alien Superstar”.

7. The music conjures such rich imagery in the mind...it's like actually stepping into a club. So I really want to see how she brings this world to life. I actually agree with her decision not to immediately have visuals ready to go from the jump as, as amazing as it's been the last few albums, it also ran the risk of becoming stale. She was smart to swerve that, even if it is frustrating. I just hope she has something ready to go soon.

eatyourself likes this.
  8. I want to see her perform Thique on Good Morning America.

9. This alberm cuntinues to live in my brain rent free.

I find myself singing random lyrics throughout the day.

ASSssss GETTING THICKAHHH!

I GOT A LOT OF BANDS, A LOT OF CHANEL ON MEH!

PLEASE MUTHAFUCKAS, PLEASE MUTHAFUC-

COMFORTABLE IN MY SKIN, COZY WITH WHO I AM

ENERGY! ENERGY! ENERGY!

MISS HONEY! MISS HONEY! MISS HONeYYYYYyY!

The more than 60-min mark feels like I'm listening to Charli's Crash and it's double the length!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    sesita, dvno, heavymetalGAGA and 13 others like this.
  10. The only one I still cannot see myself getting back to as often is surprisingly I'm That Girl. Guess I'm not that girl dd

11. You know what, while I obviously wouldn't have complained had we received visuals so far, I'm also content with waiting a bit too. While she provided more than enough content to keep me satiated, both the Beyoncé and Lemonade eras were pretty much fully wrapped up within 6-12 months of release, with the vast majority of what we received being dropped on release date.

There's something quite delightful about knowing there's still so much in store for this album and beyond for this current phase of her career, and now that she's fully immersed in the streaming era, it's far from a bad thing to keep the conversation flowing around her work for a prolonged period.

I have no idea if we'll get visuals for every track on Renaissance, but you could probably even deliver it in chapters based on rough divisions you could make on the flow of the album:

1. 'I'm That Girl' - 'Break My Soul'
    2. 'Church Girl' - 'Heated'
    3. 'Thique' - 'Summer Renaissance'

12. Her brief voice change on Thique that starts at "that's that summer, that's them hummers" surprises me and makes me cackle everytime.

Someone mentioned she sounds like Ashley Tisdale and I can't unhear it fff

sesita, GimmeWork, Lately and 20 others like this.
  13. My limited edition vinyl finally arrived and it looks gorgeous irl.

14. Obviously Self Titled and Lemonade are masterpieces but I think the visual component and surprise drops dominated the conversation upon release. I am glad she is giving us the space to luxuriate in and dissect the music this time around, this album deserves it.

15. I've mostly got:

UNIQUE!!!!
    If that's your man then why he over here.........?
    Eat it, eat it, eat it eat it eat it
    Uncle Johnny made my dress

Renésongs

16. Sam

Sam

me every morning

17. Unique!
    That's what you are
    Lingerie reflecting off the mirror on the bar
    Category:
    SEXY BITCH
    I'm the bar
    Alien Superstar

[​IMG]

sesita, Ashling92, GimmeWork and 78 others like this.
  18. CATEGORY:
    SEX CBITCH
    I'M THE BAR.

19. She's got the #1 on the Hot 100!

It's her 8th solo #1, 12th including Destiny's Child.

20. Beyonce after writing the Uncle Johnny line and then repeating it again at the very end:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SMG, Jersey, ohdenny and 6 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.