BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE | Page 323 | The Popjustice Forum

BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Ensnare, Jun 10, 2021.

1. The Gift was treated disgustingly by people, when it contains some truly incredible work. 'Other Side' especially!!!!

2. Yeah, I feel like it has been repeated so many times at this point. I’m just gonna guess it’s because nobody believes she’s about to drop two more albums on us dd. We’ve been teased by artists with multi-part projects before that never come to fruition, but Beyoncé isn’t other artists.

3. Looks like a second week at number one:

Her power!!

4. One of my favourite parts of Cuff It is her greek chorus of hedonism for the backing vocals.

WE GETTIN' FUCKED UP TONIIIIIGHT

[​IMG]

sesita, FINISH LINE, Dijah. and 37 others like this.
  5. I just know the HEATED video is gunna end me.

6. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

The swelling "aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh ah-ah" backing vocals that creep in at the beginning of Cozy's second chorus... a moment.

Dijah., ALEX, tea and 12 others like this.
  7. YES! This sound is very Parliament Funkadelic.

8. Mood 4 Eva, Brown Skin Girl, My Power, and Brown Skin Girl are bops.

sesita, heavymetalGAGA and Maria like this.
  9. Otherside is her most impressive ballad to me at this point? Just gorgeous.

10. My stand out from The Gift was Find Your Way Back - especially just love the production on that. Heated reminds me of it, in the best way.

FINISH LINE, tea, Wishlight and 12 others like this.
  11. She cracks a fucking egg on her tits and somehow manages to make it art

sesita, Verandi, ohdenny and 8 others like this.
  12. An album that has Bigger, Find Your Way Back, Brown Skin Girl, Otherside, Mood4eva, My Power??? Already?? Black Parade?? Oof. Yeah it’s so good.

What’s that? No…I don’t know what Spirit is. Sorry.

13. It’s the way so much of her fan base saw African influence and guests and decided it wasn’t for them that tells me they don’t deserve The Gift.

sesita, IEngineered, Dijah. and 20 others like this.
  14. ‘Already’ is a fucking serve. ‘Bigger’ one of her best vocals ever. ‘Find Your Way Back’ is the highlight for me and definitely influential on RENAISSANCE.

15. 2014

2014 Staff Member

FIND YOUR WAY BACK is Bey top 10.

16. The careless abandon of The Gift (while still honoring the culture that inspired it) is the perfect blueprint for what Renaissance does so beautifully. There’s a lot of great stuff on that album.

For the past few projects her energy has basically been

[​IMG]

And thank god that’s the case. She continues to know what we need before we do.

17. My life’s purpose since 2019 has been to force everyone I know to listen to The Gift.

18. So much The Gift chatter and no mention of Nile...

sesita, FINISH LINE, ohdenny and 11 others like this.
  19. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I still wish Bigger had been the main single over Spirit. It probably wouldn't have done anything chart-wise either but it's the better song and encompasses the album more to me while not sounding so obvious and conventional. And then Find Your Way Back would've been a great follow-up single, just to have something fun, something for the summertime.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.