BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE | Page 328 | The Popjustice Forum

BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Ensnare, Jun 10, 2021.

1. God the Break My Soul Queens Remix is just MASSIVE. Her power in those first few lines.

2. This perspective. Yas. Her mind.

popBrit likes this.
  3. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

This trip down memory lane is such a kii
    "The Solo Beyoncé: She's No Ashanti"... iconic

B'Day "weakened her perfect pop technique"?! (Uh, uh, check my technique)

Claiming Halo sounded too much like Umbrella (???) before the Already Gone mess happened nn

And the best bit, 4 being referred to as a "once-great blockbuster movie franchise sadly spinning its wheels"
    You thought!

[​IMG]

4. Every one of these reviews being more appalling than the last

5. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

What a load of crap she had to overcome to get to where she is now... I know we all know that but I feel like the Beyoncé naysayers in 2022 are still attached to that kind of rubbishing of her talents because the media made these bonkers accusations to downplay her talents for the first decade of her solo career.

6. I take this back.

RELEASE THE FUCKING VIDEOS NOW!!!

lushLuck, huntypoo and Maria like this.
  7. The Ashanti/Dangerously comparison is still so funny to me, and especially in hindsight. I feel like Bey saw it and was like "Yeah we won't be doing that"

8. Ashanti's first album is still brilliant though, so the comparison for that era isn't a big leap.

9. Was this posted? It’s… making sense.

10. Full article:

FINISH LINE, Sail On, tea and 24 others like this.
  11. HNM's megamixes are great.

12. Where are the visuals hun

AllGagaLike and Maria like this.
  13. Are we going to get a minute of the video for Cozy this Friday?

Maria and HorseTears like this.

14. That was a classic. That was a classic.

15. Yeah, to be fair, Ashanti was era-defining at that time. Didn’t she break some Beatles record too?

16. It’s the way… Plastic Off The Sofa is the best song on the album every night from 8-11pm.

sesita and Andrew like this.
  17. For me the reason the Ashanti comparison is so egregious is because there is a massive difference in technique and craft when it comes to vocal ability, dance, and live performance.

The reason that they could both exist in that same period is because they offered something different. And obviously there was enough room for them to both have massive eras. But it really can’t be understated that Beyonce was singing songs like Dangerously in Love with the most ridiculous vocal acrobatics, and rapidly improving as a dancer and live performer with Crazy in Love and Baby Boy. In contrast Ashanti was a brand new artist with her own girl from around the block appeal focused on the songwriting and vibe, but to compare her to Beyoncé at the time really shows me how little critics paid attention to Beyoncé’s skill, craft, and years of work with Destiny’s Child

18. Today All Up In Your Mind hit me hard. Such an extraordinary album. And rewarding. The better the equipment you’re listening with the more layers you find. It’s a masterclass of production and mastering really.

sesita, K94, VincentVega and 14 others like this.
  19. Bad bitches to the left…

I CANT GET THROUGH! SHOULD I GO SHOULD I GO SHOULD I GO LEFT? SHOULD I GO SHOULD I GO SHOULD I GO RIGHT?

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.