BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE | Page 339 | The Popjustice Forum

BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Ensnare, Jun 10, 2021.

1. The director of the Olympic Stadium in Rome has said that Beyoncé will be performing there around June/July (from La Repubblica):

FFA48803-1CF4-4A8F-B130-7147D29EDE54.jpeg

The 4-5 month gap between the Acts is seemingly more and more likely.

Also, some more touring stats:

- According to Pollstar, she is the Top Touring Act of the 2010s.
    - She is the top-grossing female artist ever at The O2 ($28.4m).
    - She is the female artist with the most tours exceeding $200m gross this century.
    - She is the third highest-grossing touring female artist of all time ($1.009b).

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
    Mikal, Sam, Atletico and 8 others like this.
  2. Only 1080p though. Would be funny if she sneaked unlisted Renaissance videos into this playlist!

3. [​IMG]

Island, sesita, FINISH LINE and 47 others like this.
  4. Based on last year's Grammy timeline...
    Watch us get the visuals the week of first round voting and Act 2 during the final round voting dd.

Ensnare likes this.
  5. Incredible to think that she’s only three Grammys off tying for the most-awarded person ever - four would see her top the list.

Pretty doable from 2023 alone, and she’ll likely have two albums’ worth of material that’s eligible for 2024 to cement it.

Sail On likes this.
  6. The will.i.am remix of Break My Soul is weirdly doing big numbers on YouTube?

7. I saw comments when it dropped about it being the best of the remixes and even better than the original, and like...........it's great for a current will.i.am production but I dunno about all that

8. Who else in this generation could drop ~40 songs AND videos on three acts during the span of twelve months and then go on tour?

Andrew and Maria like this.
  9. Not sure why, but I keep starting the album with Plastic Off The Sofa (which I adore) and then playing it through from there, looping back around with Church Girl as the closer. Somehow Virgo's Groove sounds like a track 2 to me as well. I don't know why it works for me, but it's an interesting listen.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  10. I'd love for her to release the acapellas and instrumentals for the rest of the album, like she did for Break My Soul. You hear so much that you don't notice in the main version. Always found it weird why artists don't release their official acapellas and instrumentals very often so we can all geek out on them. Surely it would count towards the streams?

11. I start with Energy and can’t get off her horse until the last track.

Andrew and Beat like this.
  12. This album remains to be such an experience and a triumph and I still feel like there’s so much to unpack with future listens, which is insane. Everything about it just draws you in, and there’s such a storytelling element for me with it. My favorite thing about it is that it’s just constantly making you feel good and affirmed. There is so much freedom in it, with just the perfect amount of grief to balance the perspective out.

Everything here is so assured in its own way, and when I listen to it, it makes me feel assured too.

Her power tbh. I can really imagine this album and the themes and messages it touches on helping a lot of people.

Trouble in Paradise, Maria and Beat like this.
  13. PURE/HONEY is all over my tiktok. The Gays really have won with this album!

14. I start with Cuff It and end with Alien Superstar. Different strokes for different folks!

Maria and Beat like this.
  15. I read this as "I start with Cozy and end with Alien Superstar" ddd

Sail On, boombazookajoe and relby like this.
  16. The last minute and a half of Heated is one of my album highlights

sesita, Blond, GLC and 13 others like this.
  17. The way I get a high whenever Virgo’s Groove starts… Its like taking a big hit of poppers but with just my mind and the music!

and then it lasts 6 minutes and 8 seconds? Poppers wish!

[​IMG]

Blond, Blue6010, Wild Man. and 5 others like this.
  18. Green Light is so pixel-ly. Hope they do this video soon, it's one of my favourites.

PopZeitgeist likes this.
  19. All of the "HD" videos look like super poor quality AI upscales. There's no reason otherwise that an actual version of Single Ladies or Sweet Dreams at 1080p would still look so blurry

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.