BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE | Page 354 | The Popjustice Forum

BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Ensnare, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Well it’s been changing a lot since release, I must admit I didn’t like it much at all at first buts it’s creeping up the list. Don’t panic! Il get there!

theincredibleflipper likes this.
  2. The album is an 11/10 and I don't feel a need to try and rate it individually

3. America Has A Problem hits different when you're sat upper deck on the bus hurtling towards work. Yes mother bee, give me a guided tour of Tron whilst inventing the word "NO". Best track on the album oh it's true

[​IMG]

4. 'Alien Superstar' obviously ran out of the gate as an early fan favourite, and I think it would be a brilliantly bold choice for a (hopeful?) follow-up single, but 'Cuff It' is having a real moment on TikTok now and is galloping upwards on streaming. I'd honestly be happy with either, but she'd be striking when the iron is hot with the latter.

5. Do we think/know that there will be a second single? I have the feeling that the next single will be the lead for ACTII and third single the lead for ACTIII

6. No confirmation, but the fact that they sharply pulled ‘Break My Soul’ from US radio around a fortnight ago would indicate that they have plans to push something else to tide us over to the next project - they could’ve just let it ride its course, otherwise. If the visuals are indeed coming at some point in the next few weeks, it would coincide quite well.

7. It has been approximately 62 days since Big Freedia filmed the Break My Soul video.

8. Break My Soul leaves the top 10 on US radio today. Given how massive the drops in audience have been, it really does look like it was pulled – most songs stick around the top 10 for ages. They should be servicing Cuff It or Alien Superstar ASAP. I wonder what the plan is... assuming that there is one?

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  9. Just to add to this, 'Cuff It' was today's largest gainer on Spotify Global - up 28 spots to #166 at nearly 911k streams. It's about to overtake 'Break My Soul' in the US in terms of daily streaming figures.

10. It's a bit of the shame they didn't have everything lined up around the album release for 'Alien Superstar' as an obvious hit when all those "Unique" memes and Tiktoks were going viral, so let's hope they don't let 'Cuff It' run out of steam before the visuals are released too. Both should be absolute classics in the same way 'Break My Soul' will be.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
  11. Alien Superstar for a Halloween push.

12. “Trick or TREAT” (sung in the same way as unique)

“That’s what I want”

“Category.. sweets”

13. I’d kill for a single crumb of a music video. She really meant it when she said “keep ‘em waiting like dot-dot-dot-dot-dot-dot,” huh?

Wishlight, superultra, sesita and 6 others like this.
  14. Someone on ATRL said America Has A Problem has Ciara vibes and wow idk how I didn’t hear it until now.

15. To be fair, she did toss out some crumbs for the pigeons.
    [​IMG]

16. Please release a video I'm begging you B

Screenshot 2022-09-14 at 7.34.08 PM.png

17. Maybe the video’s a double feature.

[​IMG]

Andrew and YourLeadSinger like this.
  18. It’s one of my faves, but zip just don’t see Alien Superstar being a hit, if it doesn’t naturally take off on streaming. Radio won’t support that chorus. Cuff It seems like the more obvious next single.

Andrew and Trouble in Paradise like this.
  19. ...what?

Mikal, 2014, Wishlight and 8 others like this.
  20. Given how with Beyoncé, I’ve come to expect the completely unexpected. I wouldn’t even want to try and pin which still is from which video.

Andrew and cleosnatchra like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.