BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE | Page 66 | The Popjustice Forum

BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Ensnare, Jun 10, 2021.

1. She's never sounded better. The song is fun and it feels like its always moving, rather than feeling overly repetitive.

TRAVVV, Babyface, 1991 and 10 others like this.
  2. Beyoncé a kindness punk CONFIRMED

3. Not me avoiding the leak thinking an MV is coming at midnight and she just drops a lyric video

TRAVVV, aux, lushLuck and 3 others like this.
  4. For me this is her most enjoyable single in a decade, so catchy!

Honestly can't wait for the album!

5. Oh, this is going to be the only song played at Pride this weekend. It definitely slaps, but I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it this quickly. It's pretty rare that I feel like a song goes on too long, but I found myself checking the time on this towards the end. It feels like it'll only keep growing on me, though. And I imagine it'll be even better in the context of an album.

myblood, Blue6010, Sleepycat and 3 others like this.
  6. Well it’s a bop!

7. Her voice is incredible on this. I honestly don't think she's ever sounded better.

8. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

OH THIS IS A HIT!! COME AWN!!
    [​IMG]

LPT, sesita, Mr.Arroz and 47 others like this.
  9. you won't break my soul you won't break my soul you wont break my soul

[​IMG]

10. A banger for sure. The whole second verse and rap is everything.

11. This is what Kelly Rowland should have been doing for years and Bey just took it from her. Love it.

sesita, 1991, Sleepycat and 9 others like this.
  12. She has well impressed me! Get me to the club!

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  13. This slaps and is so much fun. I know she’s not going to keep giving us this black and white text for the artwork, though. Release the color and gay, Queen!

14. This is like... a much better fit for her voice than I would have ever expected it to be. She sounds right at home on this House beat...which is crazy. Bop!

1991, aux, Crisp X and 4 others like this.
  15. NYC Pride Weekend this weekend? It will eat this up. I already hear it in every establishment for months on end. She knew what she was doing.

16. Ive listened to this about 500 times already.

17. Beyoncé's "Break My Soul" The first single from Renaissance samples Robin S.'s ’93 house anthem "Show Me Love" and Big Freedia's "Explode," and features co-writing credits from JAY-Z and The-Dream.

It's definitely an interpolation of "Show Me Love", very subtle.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  18. Is Kelly & Michelle on backing vocals?

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  19. Oh…this is a whole ass bop

[​IMG]

LPT, jvckkk, myblood and 17 others like this.
  20. Rewarding everyone who watched to the end of the lyric video with a seizure, thank you mother!

Jonathan27, TRAVVV, 1991 and 32 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.