BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE | Page 68 | The Popjustice Forum

BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Ensnare, Jun 10, 2021.

1. I'm sorry but before calling it "too repetitive" or whatever please just wait until you hear it in a club and find yourselves prancing around and gurning along to "nyewwwww foun-day-tion" etc etc. You're going to want it to last for hours, bookmark me!

LPT, sesita, VertigoStick and 24 others like this.
  2. I genuinely wonder why she hasn’t credited Freedia for the second lead single in a row. With Formation, at least, her contributions weren’t on the main version which sort of explains it… but this time??

3. I have to stan her taking my $40 for a mystery tshirt then convincing me to release my job in a span of a week

[​IMG]

LPT, Jonathan27, sesita and 34 others like this.
  4. The song is fun and doesn't need to go anywhere. That beat HITS.

Also, not sure why people feel like Bey owes social commentary with every release. Odd behavior.

Mr.Arroz, 1991, superultra and 13 others like this.
  5. Bey releasing this during pride month, ha mind!

slaybellz, myblood, Mr.Arroz and 6 others like this.
  6. This is fucking brilliant

myblood, 1991, BritPopLover and 6 others like this.
  7. To be completely honest, house feels a little late. It already felt late when Gaga was doing Chromatica.

That said, I do like this overall. Her vocals are gorgeous and soulful, the early '00s R&B strings layered throughout actually sound really fresh on top of the beat, Big Freedia adds a lot of flavor to what would otherwise be a rather simple track. I also like that she's trying to connect to her average listener again lyrically.

The chorus leaves a bit to be desired, it's longer than it needs to be, and I'm not sure how much staying power it will have for me, but overall, I'm here for it. Looking forward to seeing what else she has up her sleeve!

Also, I'm 100% here for Rapyoncé. More, please.

8. And about the "social commentary"; Beyoncé setting the house (hehe I'll see myself out) on fire is the social commentary. The Gospel influence with the choir backing vocals and even the Lyrics about strength? The ~reclaiming of classic House?? All this on Pride Month.

I honestly find some stuff from twitter so... awkward. It's like Beyonce is beyond this and even within the gays there's a sense like "this is basic gay music" just like the straights annoyed about Drake. The song is noway reinventing the wheel, but it doesn't take the credit of being such a well-crafted and interesting move for Bey.

I'm feeling very Hive I guess.

sesita, Mr.Arroz, -M- and 22 others like this.
  9. Yeah I forgot to say, the second verse is definitely the most interesting the track gets.

HorseTears likes this.
  10. RELEASING MY WIGGLE!! Depression cured! Homosexuality affirmed! Ready to be destroyed by the music video!,

Do wish Freedia would be credited

TRAVVV, swim, soratami and 8 others like this.
  11. I share the same sentiment. (Except for Hold Up)

MusicLover1994 likes this.
  12. Thank god we’re not just getting text over a black background

myblood, LPT, Jonathan27 and 64 others like this.
  13. Truthfully I don’t really like this. But I will be stanning.

Verandi and heavymetalGAGA like this.

14. honestly, yeah.

15. [​IMG]

myblood, LPT, sesita and 36 others like this.
  16. It feels like dance music made for clubs / live venues / performance spaces and I really, really like that. It feels fresh and inviting on the record, but you just know it's gonna sound all kinds of right on a dancefloor.

17. The single cover is a serve. Kiss Me Once’s impact.

18. This is excellent, the way she navigates the song is something we are missing these days, she takes the time to let the song breath, the repetition is something good on this case. I'm salivating with an album full of this vibes.

1991 likes this.
  19. Her immediately fixing the only complaint I had about the era so far.

Jonathan27, sesita, TRAVVV and 31 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.