BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE | Page 70 | The Popjustice Forum

BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Ensnare, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Omg I kinda don’t like it! My soul is broken!

Verandi likes this.
  2. RMK

RMK

It isn't her fault because she uses it well, but "Show Me Love" as a sample or template feels overdone for me at this point.

3. Why does the end sound like it’s building up to something and then… nothing

Verandi and Gabeee9292 like this.
  4. It me of Sour Candy mixed with the chaotic energy of Loverboy. So I naturally love it.

5. Definitely slaps and she sounds great but I think this will work better in the context of a full album in this soundscape, which is ironic given the way it's rolling out.

It's worrying me that I don't instantly want to hear it again though..

6. Currently at the gym and just noticed a girl with earphones on do a bit of a shoulder bop...

Is she listening to Break My Soul? Yes probably.

Also this tacked on the end of B'Day (original version not the messy re-release) works really well.

I've just had COVID, still feeling a bit weak and I've managed to do an hour of cardio... Beyoncé's power!

TRAVVV, ALEX, LGStan93 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Vulture site is saying the video will be a Tidal exclusive. I hope it's not.

spaceship likes this.
  8. Maybe it's the wine and general stupidity, but I'm not hearing Show Me Love at all. I'm hearing a generic organ pluck bass, but I don't get Show Me Love sample as others have said at all.

9. I was just at the gym with it on repeat.
    I felt like I was at the gay club in 1995!

10. It's about the clubs. The clubs are happening, you know, um....the gay community KEEPS them happening. It's where they go to release. It's where they go to get their stuff off.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  11. I listened to B'Day then Break My Soul on repeat for 30+ minutes ddd

Yeah I can honestly see this being a gay anthem. It's making me want to go and watch a drag show at a club and make really bad decisions and it's a Tuesday

12. What you won't do:
    • break my soul
    • break my soul
    • break my soul
    Who I'm telling:
    • everybody
    • everybody
    • everybody
    [​IMG]

Seventeen Days, LPT, Sail On and 73 others like this.
  13. She was made for this. Thank you Celestine for giving us this blessing.

Modeblock likes this.
  14. [​IMG]

RELEASE YOUR WIGGLE

Oh I am, I am!

Trouble in Paradise and soratami like this.
  15. This sums up my thoughts nicely

16. 3Xs

3Xs

This is fucking massive.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  17. This fucking slaps.

Trouble in Paradise, Humes and Andrew like this.
  18. I DID just quit my job so I feel as if this song has been written entirely for me so I can justify my unhinged decision making process.

myblood, LPT, relby and 36 others like this.
  19. Why am I awake for this? It's been years since I awoke/stayed up specifically for pop. Her power.

I'm so glad she's back, sampling a tiny bit of Robin S to not instantly be recognisable but also entirely recognisable, giving us more Big Freedia, rhyming vibration with foundation, if she's starting off a dance era with this, bravo, I love it!

It's straight out the Hung Up school of pop, and I wonder if this comeback will yield more comparisons.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.