BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE | Page 73 | The Popjustice Forum

BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Ensnare, Jun 10, 2021.

1. I can't really assess how good it is but I also haven't played anything else for the past hour

[​IMG]

LPT, myblood, sesita and 36 others like this.
  2. This is the capital GAYest thing she’s done since like, Independent Women. pt 1?? My wrists went limp just listening to it. I wasn’t blown away by the leak last night but listening this morning and it’s fully hitting.

The thought of that Show Me Love sample echoing round stadiums/arenas before the tour starts… wig.

3. As a pop song, there could have been more melody and lyrics in the chorus. As a house song, it's a serve.

[​IMG]

Sprockrooster, LPMA and P'NutButter like this.
  4. Playing this on repeat at work, hopefully my boss wil listen to the lyrics and hear the threat.
    [​IMG]

LPT, myblood, tea and 32 others like this.
  5. 1993 me /// 2022 me

Bopping and breaking

LPT, myblood, sesita and 22 others like this.
  6. This, to be honest.

7. Her brilliance at pushing self-worth and liberation whilst "releasing the wiggle".

i_dont_know_a_better_person dot oprah

8. I'm leaving my job this Friday, and I walked into work this morning with a proper "f**k this I'm over it, can it be over already?" attitude... then I heard this relatable bop, and all is good again.

9. Based on the opening bars of organ I thought the sample was going to be Macarena.

[​IMG]

LPT, myblood, Mushroom and 22 others like this.
  10. I fear the album will kill the gays.

I’m not fully sold on the vocal delivery on the first verse but I love the way the song switches tracks in the middle then fully slides into the delicious house style chorus. I love it when I hear I sing and I just know I can see myself in a club, eyes closed, dancing. To feel so carefree is sexy.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  11. Am I blown away, no? Sampling old dance songs is so overdone in the UK at the moment, so this already feels late.

But, it’s Beyoncé I trust her judgement and can’t wait to see the video.

12. I'm telling everybody
    [​IMG]

everybody
    [​IMG]

everybody
    [​IMG]

every BODY eayy
    [​IMG]

myblood, Sail On, sesita and 33 others like this.
  13. 2022 resuscitating Kate Bush’s and Robyn S’s career. The gay agenda is winning.

LPT, myblood, tea and 28 others like this.
  14. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

This is just so cool. I do love house-influenced-pop but I feel it tends to be very archetypal, i.e. more focused on evoking nostalgia than pushing the genre forward. This isn’t not nostalgic but at the same time it feels totally fresh. I love it.

15. Ahhh I fucking ADORE this! I listened to it while walking to work in the sunshine and yeah, it slaps.

Beyonce just sounds so carefree, fun and effortlessy cool on the track. It feels like like a throwback while also moving the needle forward at the same time?

If this isn't a massive number 1 across all major markets I'd be really suprised. This is the most "GP friendly" song she's done in years. I can't wait for the music video!

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  16. I am obsessed with the way Beyoncé pronounces “outside”

LGStan93 likes this.
  17. The backing vocals colliding with Bey at the 3:05 mark.

[​IMG]

LPT, myblood, Sail On and 16 others like this.
  18. It doesn't sound like a sample to me either.

The songwriters are credited though, hmm

Adam Pigott
    Allen George
    Beyoncé
    Christopher Stewart
    Fred McFarlane
    Freddie Ross
    S. Carter
    Terius Nash

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
    FINISH LINE likes this.
  19. 2014

2014 Staff Member

You can tell she is fully living in this song; her vocal is phenomenal.

20. Both writers on "Show Me Love" are credited here. But I agree the sample is very subtle

FINISH LINE likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.