BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE | Page 74 | The Popjustice Forum

BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Ensnare, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Yeah, just looked it up. Weird. It's still not a sample though. It's barely an interpolation. It's a Taylor Swift "Look What You Made Me Do"-style tip of the hat, I guess.

Except they're crediting the wrong people.

This is the original of Show Me Love.

The guy responsible for the iconic bassline is StoneBridge.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  2. It’s a song for sure.

Verandi likes this.
  3. I wasn't quite sure at first, but it took me about three listens to really fall in love with this. Her vocal on it is immaculate.

Even if it doesn't sample Show Me Love, they might just be covering their backs by crediting the writers; feels like a safe option these days. I'm actually surprised there haven't been more lawsuits over the myriad songs "inspired" by say I Feel Love or Enjoy The Silence over the years.

4. I have no right to be dancing my ass off at 9am before I’ve even had a coffee but here I am.

theincredibleflipper likes this.
  5. Sam

Sam

grow up

6. The way the song fits to this iconic video perfectly.

7. Can't wait for the video to elevate this to a whole other level

[​IMG]

8. I need the single artwork in HQ.

[​IMG]

9. Oh wow.

Bey is back and I'm sleeping real good at night

[​IMG]

10. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

I don't hear Show Me Love (either version of it) much either, which I'm glad about because I really am tired of direct samples of that song. I guess that synth organ sound is just so synonymous with that song, and "Beyoncé samples Robin S" makes a good press line.

Petty Mayonnaise likes this.
  11. After a few listens, I’m still undecided.

On the one hand, it definitely grows with each listen and there’s parts of the song that go all the way off. On the other hand, it feels like a song that hasn’t yet been fully realised. Like, there’s some great ideas and moments there, but it feels like it needs some fine tuning.

That said, I can appreciate that she’s switching things up and the return to a more pop/dance orientated landscape. I think the video has the potential to really sell the song if done right.

I can also appreciate it’s just gone 9am on a Tuesday morning where I am, so that maybe is another factor as to why I’m not fully vibing with it. Ask me on Friday night after a couple of Gins and it could be an entirely different story.

12. I am so ready for Beyoncé to give us her Heartbreak on Hold. The gays really did win.

13. Bop!

Aidan and blaze_dave like this.
  14. Oh I love this on the first listen, definitely think it will grow on people. Excited for this album now!

15. Grow up because I’m indifferent about a song and posted about it? Lots of people don’t like this song. It’s pretty average, and it’s pretty terrible as a lead single.

Verandi likes this.
  16. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

Visual depiction of my heart falling out of my body when I clicked play

17. This being the official start of the great resignation of 2022. Life is in balance.

ᑎOᗯ, I ᒍᑌᔕT ᖴEᒪᒪ Iᑎ ᒪOᐯE,
    ᗩᑎᗪ I ᒍᑌᔕT ᑫᑌIT ᗰY ᒍOᗷ
    I'ᗰ GOᑎᑎᗩ ᖴIᑎᗪ ᑎEᗯ ᗪᖇIᐯE,
    ᗪᗩᗰᑎ, TᕼEY ᗯOᖇK ᗰE ᔕO ᗪᗩᗰᑎ ᕼᗩᖇᗪ

[​IMG]

18. There's people who don't like this? How sad for them.

YOU WON'T BREAK MY SOUL
    [​IMG]
    YOU WON'T BREAK MY SOUL
    [​IMG]
    YOU WON'T BREAK MY SOUL
    [​IMG]
    AND I'M TELLING EVERYBODY
    [​IMG]
    EVERYBODY
    [​IMG]
    EVERYBODY

19. BTG

BTG

Some people haven’t released their wiggle and it shows.

Let me not even begin to dissect anyone coming for her vocal delivery on this.

20. Hmm. It’s nice, but it feels like it’s just missing something. I’m not sure what that is, but it doesn't quite feel like it's...done yet? It doesn’t feel as bulletproof as her previous leads.

Verandi and Ashling92 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.