Beyoncé - act ii COWBOY CARTER

she/her
This album is so detailed and overwhelming I'm still coming to terms with it, but I think I agree with what @RJF said a while back, that I'm impressed by this album more than I personally like it. It definitely loses some momentum in the middle and overall I find it a bit too long for my tastes. But that said, she's clearly put so much work into this and is paying homage to so many different artists and genres, it's incredible.

Lemonade and Renaissance are both stronger albums for me, the music is just bulletproof and she tells the story of those albums in a more succinct way.

My top 5 so far are American Requiem, Bodyguard, II Most Wanted, Ya Ya and Tyrant. The Blackbird cover is also beautiful and feels very essential to the album, surprisingly.

I would love act iii to be a completely different forward-looking album, as others have said here. Didn't someone say ages ago that Renaissance was originally called Future?

Ameriican Requiem, Ya Ya, II Hands II Heaven, and 16 Carriages have remained firmly at the top for me since release and one of Bodyguard, II Most Wanted, Tyrant, or Sweet * Honey * Buckiin' keeps do-si-doing for that 5th spot.

he/him
★BUCKIN★
★BUCKIN★
★BUCKIN★
★BUCKIN★
★BUCKIN★
★BUCKIN★
★BUCKIN★
likeameCHANICALbull

bull-bull-riding.gif

I think I’d have preferred if this was around 16 tracks… but I can’t decide what I’d cut out. No interludes.. except Dolly P which should have just been the intro to Jolene properly

So Dolly could get her Hot 100 Top 10, yes!

This aside, despite the lack of music videos Beyoncé has really fed her fans this (these?) era(s). Lots of solid, quality songs to go through and genuinely interesting, Mariah-level remixes as a relish.

And the crazy thing is - we'll be discussing this era for years.

I... like the record a lot but I can't claim to love it as much as Renaissance. And I'm sure that's partly because my fried faggot brain demands constant attention and bleep bloops to stay awake dd. Sorry Ms Carter.

But I appreciate the grand concept and sprawling nature of the record. And I'll keep coming back to it because each play through offers new gems and new melodies that worm their way into my head. I think the country stylings really let her voice breathe and not be constrained by said bleeps and said bloops.

Either way, she's the most thrilling artist alive today, both in terms of her artistry and the scale of what's she able to achieve as an A Lister. Everything is an event that demands attention.

Pony Up remix is so much more interesting than the single version and fits the soundscape of the album so much better. I wish she replaced it, honestly.
The melody is so much better. The second half sounds like a different song on the same beat, though. I wish she went full 90s Mariah remix and made the whole thing like the “Pony Up” part, even though it wouldn’t chart with the original.

Is Dolly singing on the intro/outro of TYRANT. Or is that Beyonce, potentially pitched?

I wish she made more use of that hook and made it a post-chorus or bridge throughout the song.

Hey, dontkillourvibes please.
Oh no, I am happy people are enjoying this record, it’s just not for me. It’s too long and even if I like some songs (mostly because her voice is amazing and the production is gorgeous) they don’t really grab me and I feel like I have forced myself to listen to it for the last couple of days more than I have actually enjoyed playing it. So basically I’ll stay bopping to act i and skip this one.

Oh no, I am happy people are enjoying this record, it’s just not for me. It’s too long and even if I like some songs (mostly because her voice is amazing and the production is gorgeous) they don’t really grab me and I feel like I have forced myself to listen to it for the last couple of days more than I have actually enjoyed playing it. So basically I’ll stay bopping to act i and skip this one.
Mama you’re Italian it’s okay