Beyoncé - act ii COWBOY CARTER

I've been a bit out of the vinyl loop with this album but the only pressing so far is the incorrect/earlier one with songs missing etc, right? Do we know when to expect a repress with everything?

he/him
I've been a bit out of the vinyl loop with this album but the only pressing so far is the incorrect/earlier one with songs missing etc, right? Do we know when to expect a repress with everything?

Depending on when they submitted the new materials for pressing, I would guess around June/July. She confirmed the new one was coming back when she did the pop up signing last month.

It was around 4 months, between the original bare-bone-ish Renaissance and its Deluxe vynil reissue. Not sure if this was how long they took to sell the original print or to get the Deluxe ready in the factories.

After posting about the anniversary of Renaissance World Tour, Parkwood went like “now back to Cowboy Carter”

Back to what?

1715865576386.gif

act i had THE GAYS by its side, filling the promotion gap with real life parties, choreographies, virals, memes, etc.

act ii doesn’t have that level of support in real life and online people are more pissed by the Been Country updates than enthusiastic about what’s to come.

I know TEXAS is doing its job with the GP but without any push, the act ii album longevity might end up being shorter than act i.

It’s a bit telling that the only viral moment after TEXAS was the 2HANDS2HEAVEN challenge (which at lot of fans totally missed and the woman originally was not even dancing to 2HANDS2HEAVEN on the video…)

Like, there was not a single BREAK MY VOGUE moment after the album came out. (I know that might not ever happen again but still… gifyoncé better MOVE)

Last edited:
He/Him/His
What I find interesting about Beyoncé is that she is very laborious and detailed about the work she puts out, but she is also incredibly responsive and adaptive to its reception. The Renaissance campaign still managed to sprawl across two years, even with months of radio silence, because she pivoted to honor fans' love for that album. We weren't even sure if act i would get a standalone tour. Aren't things like the Queens Remix almost afterthoughts to the albums' conceptions (as in, probably not considered or produced until after release)?

All that to say, I'm sure she's brainstorming some way to further this act's cultural cache beyond "Beyoncé went country!"

Is there anything left to say or do with this? The album itself has already been such a statement. "The real visuals are the racists we riled up along the way' etc. Ready to move on to Act 3 whenever Bey is.

Is there anything left to say or do with this?
Join the wait for the deluxe vinyl.
giphy.gif

I really hope some more exciting content comes when she eventually puts Act iii out and all the acts are done. Well because if not... it's a shame that it somewhat feels like these albums have just been chucked out and forgotten about afterwards. It's annoying knowing how these two albums that are so rich in creativity have had such boring eras, especially knowing how hard she worked on this entire project.

Just given this another spin and I’m not sure if even the exquisite Hit Me Hard And Soft will be able to top this (though it’s early days of course). Aside from the expert song craft, intricate production and masterful vocal performance, this album just takes you on such a journey (it was actually Smoke Hour into Texas today that particularly transported me). And it’s a journey that I care to take again and again.

he/him
I really hope some more exciting content comes when she eventually puts Act iii out and all the acts are done. Well because if not... it's a shame that it somewhat feels like these albums have just been chucked out and forgotten about afterwards. It's annoying knowing how these two albums that are so rich in creativity have had such boring eras, especially knowing how hard she worked on this entire project.

I mean, we got an incredible tour with Renaissance, plus some proper remixes. I wouldn’t say it was a boring era at all that she just forgot about with the conversations and experiences it generated. At least not for me. Beyoncé stopped feeding the traditional album campaign ages ago, so I think most seasoned fans didn’t expect too much anyway outside of the visuals. Like, I don’t think anyone was hoping she’d be doing a bunch of radio interviews or hopping on SNL, BBC Live Lounge, or whatever for either of these releases.

And that’s not to say I’m okay with not having the visuals, because I’m not, and anyone who says they are is lying. I just don’t know if getting them would have changed the idea that the eras are “boring”.

Did you go into a coma on July 30th 2022 and missed remixes, tour, tour movie? It wasn’t exactly boring. Maybe she didn’t come to your country with the tour and you pretend it never happened?

Did you go into a coma on July 30th 2022 and missed remixes, tour, tour movie? It wasn’t exactly boring. Maybe she didn’t come to your country with the tour and you pretend it never happened?
Well it... didn't happen for me fff.

You can't deny that the Renaissance era could have been so much bigger/exciting with visuals, promotion etc (and a world tour that was actually... a world tour ddd). It seems like the same thing is happening with this album just silence after its been released and nothing really on the horizon? Well aside from the random selections of pictures uploaded to Instagram and the odd Cecred thing.

I dunno I'm just asking for a crumb of something to be honest, especially when the music is so great.

I definitely don't buy the theory that act III is coming this year. She would be insane not to milk Cowboy Carter all year and into next. Several songs need their moment in the sun, the singles campaign can go the distance.

What's happening with II Most Wanted? Doing well on radio?