Beyoncé - act ii COWBOY CARTER

I definitely don't buy the theory that act III is coming this year. She would be insane not to milk Cowboy Carter all year and into next. Several songs need their moment in the sun, the singles campaign can go the distance.

What's happening with II Most Wanted? Doing well on radio?

Did you go into a coma on July 30th 2022 and missed remixes, tour, tour movie? It wasn’t exactly boring. Maybe she didn’t come to your country with the tour and you pretend it never happened?

I mean are we really calling a tour and a handful of remixes (and some olive oil I guess) an exciting era, because that kinda just feels like the bare minimum. Sure the tour might've been a moment, but beyond that it was crickets.

he/him
I definitely don't buy the theory that act III is coming this year. She would be insane not to milk Cowboy Carter all year and into next. Several songs need their moment in the sun, the singles campaign can go the distance.

Dd is this your first Beyoncé campaign? The lady is insane and prone to self sabotage. We forgetting she kept Lemonade off streaming for 3 years? She could have had hits stretching back for the last decade and has literally chosen not to except for when it’s an awkward Ed Sheeran collab or whatever thing that is the opposite of making sense. There’s a reason people were shocked she actually put the minimal effort into pushing “Texas Hold ‘Em” as a single.

Yeah it's true Beyonce doesn't really do "eras" anymore and hasn't in a long time. Then again does anyone? Ariana is releasing a post album single and it's treated like breaking news. I think we will get Act III, the movie that hopefully covers all acts and another tour and that will be it. It's still a landmark project and the music absolutely stands on its own but at the same time I understand the people yearning for more content.

he/him
Yeah it's true Beyonce doesn't really do "eras" anymore and hasn't in a long time. Then again does anyone? Ariana is releasing a post album single and it's treated like breaking news. I think we will get Act III, the movie that hopefully covers all acts and another tour and that will be it. It's still a landmark project and the music absolutely stands on its own but at the same time I understand the people yearning for more content.

It rarely happens that you get a well rounded album campaign these days with a full bodied rollout and post-release singles. That’s why it’s so exciting when it does happen. Like, Charli XCX might be the only one doing it right now? But even then we have no idea what’ll happen after the album drops. She could vanish until it’s time for tour.

trying to sort out imaginary tour setlist and found out that MY ROSE / BE ALIVE works so well together (even the breath in the first second!!)

Also
RUNNIN / II HANDS II HEAVEN
FLAMENCO / RESENTMENT
LEVIIS JEANS / XO

edit:
BODYGUARD / HOLD UP / JOLENE (also magical in many senses, from the transition to the lyrical content )

Last edited:
I regularly put on Cowboy Carter and I feel many of my friends do too, even more casual listeners than with Renaissance. But yes, it’s a bit quiet. I don’t follow charts but is it holding up?

Just checked and it’s #8 this week in the US which isn’t too shabby for a 27 song album with basically no promo. So at least it has some legs. Yes I know it’s only been six weeks but people act like it’s out of the Top 100. She’s fine.

I have a few thoughts about the status of the campaign but haven't had a minute to myself this past week to even remotely put down an articulate thought. However, current ~speculation~ is that:

- Renaissance World Tour coming to streaming in July (inderminable origin of rumour)
- Cowboy Carter World Tour will be swinging by Australia in October (this was discussed on an Aus radio station from fairly dubious intel)

Wouldn't put too much stock in them because it's Beyoncé, but pairing the timings of the release of the previous tour on streaming with tickets for the next one does make sense with all timelines etc.

I would kill for her to just once release conventionally. She’s done it all outside the box and changed the game for sure and that’s only added to her legacy. But would it kill her to release a single, a music video, some light promo and performances people can actually see online/TV?

This mythical Sade-esq being that only comes out on a full moon to drop and album and vanish into the night with no communication is jarring from someone so famous and accessible in the past.

This mythical Sade-esq being that only comes out on a full moon to drop and album and vanish into the night with no communication is jarring from someone so famous and accessible in the past.
It must be so nice for her though, after 27 years in the business, to not have to do the rounds. Or even answer a single question. She learned this from Michael Jackson (no other comparisons), and even he got around to doing interviews etc again (which, in hindsight, was probably his biggest mistake publicity wise).

he/him
I'd say she's closer to Prince than Michael in how they approach their public life and artistry. Both were reclusive but in different ways. Michael only withdrew from the public eye because everything around him was so messy––he didn't go anywhere except for court. Prince still showed up to gag everyone when he wanted to make a statement or if he had a new project out.