Beyoncé - General Discussion | Page 181 | The Popjustice Forum

Beyoncé - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by bryan89, Dec 6, 2009.

1. RJF

RJF

Wasn't there an entire section seen in a setlist picture only to never materialise? Probably that.

aaronhansome likes this.
  2. I only remember Ego, Bills Bills Bills and Cater 2 U being left out but then again I only glanced at it once

3. Upgrade U, Ego, End Of Time, 6 Inch, Bills Bill Bills and Cater 2 U were on the setlist image, so I could see her swapping out some songs next week for those, not sure about the DC songs though.

4. I miss them too but I think it’s shortsighted to claim she avoids them to protect an image of regality. I mean, isn’t the more obvious explanation that she just doesn’t need to do them anymore? Interviews and press tours are work, work that’s redundant when she can sell millions on her name alone.

The episodic documentary that came out alongside the release of her self titled album goes to show that she’s still “within reach” and willing to explain the ideas and motivations behind her work. Given the sensitive subject matter of Lemonade (her family life and her husband’s infidelity) it’s understandable she didn’t repeat the same process.

5. Freakum Dress is still her best song, even in a world where Partition, Mine and Formation exist

drewsky and chris4862 like this.
  6. I think it's a little bit of both.

7. It would be a bit crap for audience #2 if she did Bills Bills Bills and C2U without Kelly and Michelle wouldn’t it..

8. As a long time fan of Michelle, yes it would. Well not Bills Bills Bills.

9. An opinion.

10. Not if she did We Will Rock You with P!nk and Britney.

Vixen, lushLuck, ALEX and 2 others like this.
  11. 2014

2014 Moderator

re-watched the set again and I desperately need another Kelly mega-bop in my life

12. Babbamma Be Your Motty Veshion is such a classic.

13. 'Cater 2 U' was was the intro music for Destiny's Child.

14. That was "Girl"

15. Lemonade is a masterpiece, and BEYONCE is amazing, but B'day is still my favorite.
    for me it's -

B'Day
    Lemonade
    BEYONCE
    DIL
    IA...SF

Dijah., justFurio and Terminus like this.
  16. Lest we forget

Seriously though Kelly deserves a lot of props for being able to consistently hold her own against Beyonce. She's a talent.

17. Cater 2 U is fucking dreadful, and needs to stay far, far away from any set list, ever.

lushLuck, ALEX, elektroxx and 2 others like this.
  18. Oh, we're ranking Beyoncé's albums again?

BEYONCÉ
    Lemonade
    B'Day
    Dangerously in Love
    I Am... Sasha Fierce

Fight me.

RossMusik likes this.
  19. 2014

2014 Moderator

Abbreviations aren't allowed I'm afraid!

And any album rankings with self-titled and Lemonade not being top 2 is just incorrect.

kermit_the_frog, papatrick and LTG like this.
  20. Anyone made Beychella into an audio album?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.