BEYONCÉ - RENAISSANCE World Tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe my date (Sunday, DC) is finally here. I have somehow managed to resist watching a single video, though, of course, the still images were impossible to avoid.

DC Swamp Hive -- any advice from those of you who went Saturday? Did she go on on time, think we'll be okay getting in if we arrive 30 before showtime (got a prior engagement), presumably Lyft/Uber return trips will be a nightmare... anywhere better to walk to for post-show ride pickup?

Yeah, it actually got a little scary a couple of times. Saw paramedics carry three people out on stretchers because of the crush of thousands of us stuck in the concourse for 90+ minutes before we could actually make it to our seats.

This was my first time seeing Beyonce live and, my God, the charisma, the stage presence. She did not disappoint. The ballads prologue was too long, but I guess she's going to do what she wants. And I agree with those who've said Summer Renaissance made for a surprisingly muted closing. I don't think the staging helped. Beyonce moves with such power and authority (whether full on dancing or just strutting) that to see her hoisted around the stadium on cables while she dangled kind of lifelessly was not as thrilling as it might have sounded on paper.

I gotta ask those who've been to multiple stops. Do I have old man ears or did the sound range from awful to serviceable? I like a loud show and I like the oomph of a strong rhythm section, but at so many times throughout the evening it felt like the drums and bass were drowning out the rest of the instrumentation. And sound design/mixing on vocals was bordering on unflattering. It was decent in quieter moments, but when you had the full band playing or very prominent lead and background vocals it got very muddy and distorted. There was such a contrast between the sound of the actual performance vs. the pre-recorded interludes. I get that it's a stadium, but I've heard rock and pop stadium and arena concerts with better sound. We were seated in 142, so not that far away. My friend brought his 17 year old niece and she had a similar comment on the sound.

Yeah, it actually got a little scary a couple of times. Saw paramedics carry three people out on stretchers because of the crush of thousands of us stuck in the concourse for 90+ minutes before we could actually make it to our seats.

This was my first time seeing Beyonce live and, my God, the charisma, the stage presence. She did not disappoint. The ballads prologue was too long, but I guess she's going to do what she wants. And I agree with those who've said Summer Renaissance made for a surprisingly muted closing. I don't think the staging helped. Beyonce moves with such power and authority (whether full on dancing or just strutting) that to see her hoisted around the stadium on cables while she dangled kind of lifelessly was not as thrilling as it might have sounded on paper.

I gotta ask those who've been to multiple stops. Do I have old man ears or did the sound range from awful to serviceable? I like a loud show and I like the oomph of a strong rhythm section, but at so many times throughout the evening it felt like the drums and bass were drowning out the rest of the instrumentation. And sound design/mixing on vocals was bordering on unflattering. It was decent in quieter moments, but when you had the full band playing or very prominent lead and background vocals it got very muddy and distorted. There was such a contrast between the sound of the actual performance vs. the pre-recorded interludes. I get that it's a stadium, but I've heard rock and pop stadium and arena concerts with better sound. We were seated in 142, so not that far away. My friend brought his 17 year old niece and she had a similar comment on the sound.

I saw her in Köln and thought similarly - the sound quality wasn’t great. It was hard to hear what she was saying when she spoke, the mix drowned her out at times and bordered the whole thing indecipherable at times.

Stockholm first night had perfect sound. Just kidding, it was pretty bad actually, to my surprise because I remember the THX sound from Formation, and it was especially hard to hear what she said at times. I was seated but very close to the stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.