BEYONCÉ - RENAISSANCE World Tour 2023

Just got back from the film and wow! Lucky all of you who've seen it live, what a show!

I could do with less documentary bits but ok.

he/him
That was really beautifully done. It reminded me a lot of Truth or Dare in a way? The way the concert scenes reflected moments and figures in her personal life. It feels like a similarly important totem for anyone who feels unseen and a snapshot of a legend at the height of their powers and influence, but for the 21st century.

Had to miss it today unfortunately as I haven't been very well this week and I'm just so drained today. But just noticed there's showings up until the 14th December! I don't know why but I thought it was only in cinemas for a few days so I'm absolutely made up I haven't completely missed out.

I just got home from watching. What a show. Must have been a blast seeing it live and the energy from such massive crowds, whew. I'm sure it was an experience. The Uncle Johnny/Heated moment had me crying (it's also become my favorite song on the album and it was my most played song of 2023).
Also the rumors of her extending the tour to Latin America, Asia , etc kind of fly out the window now, no?

I just got home from watching. What a show. Must have been a blast seeing it live and the energy from such massive crowds, whew. I'm sure it was an experience. The Uncle Johnny/Heated moment had me crying (it's also become my favorite song on the album and it was my most played song of 2023).
Also the rumors of her extending the tour to Latin America, Asia , etc kind of fly out the window now, no?
They weren't rumours. They were delusions.

Back from the RENAISSANCE and I feel like coming back from the church. Energized by the art and the humanity of Beyoncé. The respect paid to her references, from Uncle Johnny, to the cultures, to the artists that came before. It's all there and so tastefully done. I also loved to see these three sides of Beyoncé: her heart (her core, human, family, private side), her mind (her professional, analytical, rational, hard-working side) and her beast (her poweful, fearless and freespirited performance side on the stage)

Beyoncé is simply setting a new standard for the format: a clear focus on the show with documentary inserts that feel necessary and contextualized. From the "Beyoncé" opening before the Renaissance begins to each interlude of each act - or song, when needed. Nothing lasts a second longer than it should. It's really breathtaking to see how it clicks and clicks for almost 3 hours. The surround audio experience was amazing: crystal clear vocals on the front with the band sound and backing vocals coming from every direction. I hope the live album is able to reproduce some that with Dolby Atmos.

On a setlist level, the cuts were very compreehensible but I did miss Love On Top / I Want You Back as a prelude for the Diana Ross Love Hangover surprise. The Jacksons 5 reference would make that whole block click even more. (even though MJ still is present on the movie through other songs)

Also I wish I could have seen a bit more of the inception of RENAISSANCE. The doc really covers the work behind the ongoing tour and what it feels like the mid-to-final touches to it, but we don't really get a look into the album recording or really first steps of the tour (besides Beyoncé scrolling through her folder). Maybe it shows that the film idea came a bit mid-to-late in the whole 4 year process?

Who knows... But I guess it only speaks in favor of the strength of this album and era: the fact the besides the (almost 3 hours) tour film, people would gladly sit another doc with the making of the songs of the album and maybe, their visuals - that were less visible on the film than on the tour itself! Could that signalize that they will come in a future date or that Beyoncé has dropped them completely?

Last edited:
She/her
I saw it this afternoon. I'm not articulate so all I can say is that I loved it and hope there is going to be a live album. My best friend likes her but isn't as much of a fan (but has seen her 4 times with me) and hadn't heard any of the RENAISSANCE tracks before seeing the film. She loved it too and especially liked the documentary bits. The Uncle Johnny segment was so moving.

I also hope that Acts II and III are still happening. I'm seeing it tomorrow again and can't wait to sing along to every song if there's no else around. I didn't today so I wouldn't annoy my friend.

I also hope that Acts II and III are still happening. I'm seeing it tomorrow again and can't wait to sing along to every song if there's no else around. I didn't today so I wouldn't annoy my friend.
I'm wondering this too. Watching the film yesterday really confirmed how monumental RENAISSANCE was. I have no idea how she's going to top it with an act II and III, but then again, she's Beyoncé, she'll probably find a way. But if I were her, I would just tour this show again as this film will only generate more interest.

Last edited:
she/her
Just got out of the last local showing and I’ll echo the posts above. How does she does what she does on such a high level, night after night... I loved immersing in her world and seeing glimpses of the work that goes on to make her vision come to life. I was heartwarmed by the spotlight put on her crew as well as the icons who inspired the sound and concept of the album in the first place, and I was touched by the stories shared by some of them. I feel like I got a good sense of the community that was built through the preparations for this mammoth of a tour.

That was fantastic and made up for having not being able to catch the tour. I can only imagine how mindblowing it must’ve been to witness this live. Once the film is available again, I can’t wait to rewatch the whole thing or at least the specific shots and performances I got on my mind right now.

Also I waited until I could watch this to hear “MY HOUSE” but whew!! I was already on board during the bombastic first half but the switch up, bonkers even by her standards, hits so hard.