BEYONCÉ - RENAISSANCE World Tour 2023

She/Her/Queen
So I almost didn’t go for my premiere date in Greece because the cinema was so damn far away and I was robbed the night before (my phone stolen and my gold necklace with cross pendant pulled) so I was coping with the PTSD from that ordeal.

Didn’t sleep for the entire night and was on the phone with my bestie talking to her about how shaken I was. Didn’t realize it was already 1.30pm when we were done on the phone. The movie was 2.30. So I just left the apartment with a quick shower and took the Uber for about 30 euros! More expensive than the ticket but boy was I glad I went.

She did make me forget what happened last night for the almost three hours. The world she has created with Renaissance just pulls you in and back to the time when you saw the live shows. It’s magical!

One of my fave moments was when Beyonce twerked at the balcony in Paris and Kelly’s OOOOH YOU BETTA expression - SCREAMS!

The My House song was a surprise and got all the Greek twinks dancing in the middle of the cinema. There’s this girl who went solo and we sat next to each other fully SOBBING during the Blue Ivy + Uncle Johnny scenes.

So all in all, I’m glad I forced myself to go even though I dealt with a traumatic event the night before, and when the gentleman was handing this out to us, I asked for two!

Also, there were no cup exclusive or whatever at the cinema.

IMG_1054.jpeg

That was literally the longest movie I've ever seen but pretty much every second was interesting and entertaining. She got all the editing right (except maybe putting Kendrick's rap after where it was supposed to be and I wish she showed more outfits from the opening), even things like slicing up the ballroom segment into an interlude didn't feel like it took away from the show. I hope viewers recognize that on top of being talented and a hard worker she's also extremely eloquent and intelligent. Even though we all know Uncle Johnny's story I found myself teary eyed hearing her and Ms Tina talk about him with such love and grace and how Tina's been able to recognize her nephew in some of the fans. I knew we'd get a lot of audience shots based on HOMECOMING but the way they're depicted here adds new layers to how the era has been about community and togetherness, especially at the end when it's essentially her view of the crowd

Also...judging from her talking about wanting stability it doesn't seem like we're getting act ii anytime soon?

he/him
Oh and for those of you who missed out on the cups and buckets. They looked cheap as hell. Especially the cups where the RENAISSANCE logo was barely readable. Cheap looking crap for a ton of money.

Are they made of different materials elsewhere? I bought them yesterday and they're pretty high quality. Granted, I'm not typically snatching up cups and popcorn tins. The cup has metallic detailing and is still very much readable and the tin is sturdy with a giant embossed Beyoncé silhouette and Renaissance logo. But also the overall price of these (at least here) includes a "free" large popcorn and large drink, which are typically $11 and $8 on their own at my location, so you're really only paying like... $10 each for the tin and cup, unless you decide not to get the popcorn and drink, which I passed on because me and theatre food don't mix.

In any case, they'll likely be discounted heavily when the theatrical run is over if anyone is desperate to collect them. They were selling the Taylor tins/buckets and cups for about $5 when I was there yesterday.

I would actually love a documentary just about the creation and logistics of the tour. My jaw dropped when she was talking about building the screens and that there were 3 stages on the go.

The movie was excellent and it was nice getting to relive the show. I want to be there on the floor again during Break My Soul. A feeling and moment I will never forget.

he/him
Maybe we got a bad batch of the cup insert because all of them looked crap. The tins were okay, but what does one do with a tin?

Yeah, the cup is really nice to me – was hoping it would have a cover, since I saw some chains had that, but it's not the end of the world. I'm not going to be eating or drinking from either of these anyway. I'll probably use the tin for holding random small items like tickets or something, or just have it on its own.

The film! Wow. I absolutely loved it!
The documentary was just perfect!

Oh to look through that folder with all the suggested stage designs in, I mean as a music lover who is obsessed with the staging elements, to get a glimpse in there was just incredible albeit brief.

The weaving of the costumes in the editing was sublime, would have loved to have seen more from the UK outfits. But what a collection of looks! The Cuff it section and Diva section were edited so beautifully with the choreography.

While Blue does steal the entire thing with her overcoming criticism at age ELEVEN.. other highlights were Rumi spelling UNIQUE and Kevin Prodigy’s section, watching him interact with Beyoncé was super sweet and funny.

Unbelievable film about an unbelievable Era. Were we robbed of visuals? Sure. But my god this film makes up for it because this tour/album has been one of the most beautiful things to experience as a fan. No album has come close since this landed. I’m so grateful for her!

NOW for the cinema, so we went to the Everyman in Manchester, there was a group of people in our showing who were encouraging everyone to sing and dance before it started. Which was lovely because this cinema serves alcohol to your seats and it was a Friday night. Anyhow one member of their group SCREAMED and I mean SCREAMED the entire way through.. he cannot simply have been that excited, he’d said seen the show in person, showing people videos of him screaming that loud at his concert that Beyonce even looked at him (she looked pissed) . I appreciate he was enjoying himself, but he Began narrating the documentary parts by screaming YASS BITCH, MOTHER!, FUCKING TWAT (when Matthew came on screen). Now the documentary was all new stuff and it was stopping us from hearing some of the dialogue. Was quite disappointed somebody would be so selfish and obnoxious with it. After all it’s a cinema and while we were all up dancing and singing for the songs, he could have been respectful during the doc. Can’t wait to be able to watch it at home in peace!

She/her
NOW for the cinema, so we went to the Everyman in Manchester, there was a group of people in our showing who were encouraging everyone to sing and dance before it started. Which was lovely because this cinema serves alcohol to your seats and it was a Friday night. Anyhow one member of their group SCREAMED and I mean SCREAMED the entire way through.. he cannot simply have been that excited, he’d said seen the show in person, showing people videos of him screaming that loud at his concert that Beyonce even looked at him (she looked pissed) . I appreciate he was enjoying himself, but he Began narrating the documentary parts by screaming YASS BITCH, MOTHER!, FUCKING TWAT (when Matthew came on screen). Now the documentary was all new stuff and it was stopping us from hearing some of the dialogue. Was quite disappointed somebody would be so selfish and obnoxious with it. After all it’s a cinema and while we were all up dancing and singing for the songs, he could have been respectful during the doc. Can’t wait to be able to watch it at home in peace!

Someone like that would drive me nuts.
I usually only go to the cinema if I have a day off on a weekday, so I'm used to them being almost empty... the Renaissance screenings where I live are all very busy, more chance of obnoxious people...
Maybe I'll wait for it to be on streaming.