Beyoncé - The Lion King: The Gift | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Beyoncé - The Lion King: The Gift

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by EnsnareTheSenses, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Yes it falls flat. A new Let It Go this is not. But it is Lion King - one of the best movies ever with one of the best soundtracks anyway no matter what they all do with it now.

Wonder if this will get her an Oscar nom.

2. Let It Go is easily one of the most annoying, grating and overrated soundtrack songs ever. Spirit is infinitely better.

3. I am aware there are tons of better Disney songs than Let It Go.

This is all I want to say about this post.

4. Whew well it sure isn't any I'll Make A Man Out of You is it?

sesita, Syzygyz, Dijah. and 13 others like this.
  5. It's not for me, and that's fine. I agree it's all a bit Sasha Fierce reject, and I prefer Beyoncé when she's making music for a more specific person than a mass audience like now.

I'm still looking forward to her Nala solo (I assume this is more of an 'All The Stars' moment).

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  6. LMX

LMX

Disappointed by the song but I’m sure it will be better during the movie

7. This is too basic to be a Beyoncé song in 2019. It's very Sia.

Hunter, Sleepycat and Future Lover like this.
  8. I like it and might grow on me more.

Also, Sasha Fierce needs not to be shaded like that. It might be a sonic anomaly in her discography, it still stands as a massive pop-R&B album that most pop girls wish they had in their catalogue.

9. I don't think it'll be during the movie. I think it'll be played when the end credits roll at most.

stuaw likes this.
  10. Anyone else hearing this

Sam likes this.
  11. Nah. It's played during the movie, just before Simba comes back to The Pride Rock.

The end credits song is sung by Elton John.

12. Was about to say that's homophobic but... well.

13. Is that this song? I thought the Nala song was a separate song.

14. Yes, that's it. It's the lead from both albums and her solo song during the movie.

Excited about the potential collaborations on her curated project. I think Donald Glover, Chance the Rapper and a Destiny's Child reunion is a given.

15. Yes, but the John Farnham version. I came to post that it sounds like it then saw your post!

16. Yeah, she sounds amazing (duh) but this and the accompanying project simply aren’t for me.

17. Well, I'll wait patiently for the inevitable spin off where Simba cheats on Nala and she does some soul searching. That will bring the bops.
    [​IMG]

Vixen, ufint, evilsin and 39 others like this.
  18. This is every 4 isn't it?

19. And yet some will refuse to believe that those bops exist.

20. Can you not disrespect her best album like this please.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.