Beyoncé - The Lion King: The Gift | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

Beyoncé - The Lion King: The Gift

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by EnsnareTheSenses, Jan 25, 2019.

1. K94

K94

Can we wait till the thing is out PLEASE

Bobbyrae and stuaw like this.
  2. RJF

RJF

I was... barely paying attention to all the stuff about alternate albums yesterday (popstar doing a movie = white noise in my head) but I'm still cackling at the fact they got Beyoncé on the cast and... barely have her sing a note on the actual soundtrack to the point where she's had to """curate""" an album of her own inspired by the movie.

Also, we all know Beyoncé is hardly the best actress in the world, but the evisceration of her performance based on literally two lines of dialogue is... an uncomfortable narrative. Like, that tweet about it being the worst voice acting ever... from a four second clip. The girls really are flummoxed. Everything Is Love not being a mega-hit really has some of these oafs thinking there's a target on Beyoncé's back they can actually hit now, but her poorly voice acting for a lion is not the stone to try and throw.

3. There's no He Lives in You or Shadowland?! That is straight up cray!

Sprockrooster, Ferk and lushLuck like this.
  4. Me watching The Lion King get torn apart by critics

[​IMG]

5. Fortunately, it’s not missing (track 18).

Stopremix likes this.
  6. She's coming properly soon anyway henny.

[​IMG]

7. RJF

RJF

Oh?

Ferk, aux and Floppie like this.
  8. Don't do this to us

theelusivechanteuse and Ferk like this.
  9. "Put it in a Love Song"

10. Don't play games.

11. RJF

RJF

Beyoncé releasing new material after a movie soundtrack instead of a Vegas clown residency and a make-up range? How groundbreaking.

12. Because the person in the studio guiding the musicians through the recording is producing the track, even if when it's a copy + paste

lushLuck likes this.
  13. aux

aux

What's the tea bitch, spill it

Ferk and Vasilios like this.
  14. I can't wait for 12 Roses (ft. Miguel)

[​IMG]

15. Ratchet feat Rihanna, Azealia Banks, and Lady Gaga

16. BREAKING NEWS: Azealia is no longer on the track.

Sprockrooster and Tchelitchew like this.
  17. It's funny how much existential dread this movie is shrouding film twitter in.

I love a mess!

18. Can You Feel The Love Tonight is all sorts of perfect. The rest of the soundtrack is pretty disappointing though, mainly Be Prepared.

rakija likes this.
  19. I didn't listen to soundtrack (nor plan to), but my biggest surprise was to see that Sia doesn't appear on it.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  20. Oop at the film being down to 58% on Rotten Tomatoes...I knew it had a lot to live up to and I agree a lot of the clips make it look like it didn't fully work but that's a lot lower than I thought it would dip.

I guess with it being one of the most anticipated films in years and a remake of one of the beloved films of all time means it's going to be held with much higher expectations than your average film with critics, but that's still a bit sad. It'll be a huge public smash nonetheless - and I'm sure the good sis will get her Oscar nomination whilst moving onto making 10/10 songs again.

I'm seeing it tomorrow...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.