Beyoncé | Page 316 | The Popjustice Forum

Beyoncé

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by bryan89, Dec 6, 2009.

1. B’day is my all time favorite album (next to Britney’s In The Zone). I love all of her albums (well, I only like the 3rd one), but B’day is THAT album. Deja Vu, Upgrade U, Suga Mama, Green Light… so many terrific songs.

Blayke, An Insider and Maria like this.
  2. B’Day was technically Beyoncé’s first visual album and at the time I never felt like it got the shine it deserved. Pretty much all of the songs on the record have aged deliciously. The fact that she was able to perform even the deepest of album cuts at Beychella and it held up against her later music and still went the fuck off is a proper testament to just how good the album is!

3. This was my first concert ever, I can't believe its finally online in watchable quality.

Now how do we get the Missy section online?

4. B’Day acclaim yet again on the timeline.

tea, aaronhansome, Dijah. and 8 others like this.
  5. The video is.....there but gosh she really looked beautiful in it.

6. I still remember getting it off audiogalaxy at work, burning a CD with it, screaming in the car cause it was such a bop and then buying the CD single with the great b-sided too.

Dijah., Primrose, Atletico and 8 others like this.
  7. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I was staying with my dad and my grandma that summer 35 miles away from home, which is the summer I came out. 106 & Park, the original Queer Eye, Will & Grace, Project Runway, Avril Lavigne, Beyoncé... I discovered BET Uncut the next year, but it really was me coming into my Blackness and queerness. It's a summer I'll never forget. Especially with Real World: Philadelphia the year after. What memories.

Damita Jo, tea, Mr Blonde and 15 others like this.
  8. I did not like Crazy In Love on first listen. Until this day I am ashamed of myself. When it hit me it hit me though and after 19 years of the heaviest of rotations everywhere it is obviously one of the best songs of all time.

The moment the horns kick in during her concerts are incomparable. A rush.

nooniebao, Maria and HolyWater like this.
  9. The opening bars of this & Lumidee's Never Leave You always transport me back to being 16 and living out those final months of 10th grade. The world truly came to a stop when either would come on and their power was undeniable. 19 years later and both tracks still have the exact same effect.

Last edited: May 20, 2022
    Dijah., Atletico, nooniebao and 7 others like this.
  10. It was the summer after graduation from high school me, the months before college. Living freshly out of the closet, a carefree summer with my best girlfriend and new boyfriend...great memories of this song and the album.

Dijah., lushLuck and Maria like this.
  11. I was like 6 when Crazy in Love came out. I don’t know what was going on in my life besides first grade but I was living, bitch!

12. I too was 6 when Crazy in Love was released and I remember my siblings & I opening our bedroom window during a hot summer day, blasting the single & jumping on our beds. Such fond memories.

To think she's still in high demand almost 20 years later and the world is patiently waiting for a new studio album. Her staying power is unmatched.

Stopremix, nooniebao and Maria like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.