Beyoncé's Album (It's real.) | Page 1205 | The Popjustice Forum

Beyoncé's Album (It's real.)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by truman, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Something is coming...

2. ??

3. Sis.

[​IMG]

Future Lover, Andrew.L, snoho and 8 others like this.
  4. Santa Claus? To town?

5. Remember waking up, completely hungover and with three friends strewn across me in bed and reading on Twitter that she'd.... just dropped an album? Like, out of nowhere? Reading it at the time, it felt like a hoax.

Suffice to say, I made a strong coffee and kicked their asses out and my life as a Pop fan was never the same after that morning.

6. Don’t babe me, hen.

7. Miss Tina teas.

8. Yonce/Partition came on shuffle today and I still get my ENTIRE HOMOSEXICAL life to:

"Lemme hear you say HEY MS CARTER, say HEYYYYY MS CARTER - GIMME SUM!"

BEAT DROPS. WIGS OFF. PANTIES SHREDDED. BURIED SIX FEET UNDER.

And then the moment when it goes into Partition, we're being served a: "Beyonce - are you happy to be in PARIS?"

Your faves could truly NEVAH.

9. I remember the reaction on here and being shocked at some slating it. 'Superpower' was my initial favourite?!

Floppie and johnny_tsunami like this.
  10. Apparently, the most bizarre moment of the On the Run Tour happened when (and this is on the word of my sister and her friend, who were both in attendance at a Parisian date) during 'Partition', they omitted both 'are you happy to be in Paris?' and the French spoken part from The Big Lebowski. Whilst performing in Paris.

The crowd were, naturally, quite confused.

Meathook likes this.
  11. HOW odd indeed. Maybe she wasn't happy to be in Paris on that particular night?

Floppie likes this.
  12. I don't think she actually had those parts of the song in that performance at all for the entire run of the tour. But given that she uprooted a US tour halfway across the world for only two performances because of her attachment to the city (Blue's conception etc), and the fact that she and her team have proven they can, y'know, orchestrate a fairly game-changing performance in the hall of a hotel, I'm fairly certain they could've let the track run on an extra 30 seconds to include those parts!

Meathook likes this.
  13. Oops I missed the day but Happy Birthday to the second best Beyoncé album.

Four years on and I'm still shaking.

Meathook likes this.
  14. Happy belated birthday to such an amazing album. I remember I was working in Scotland, I had broken my knee and I was bed-ridden in a cottage shared with 6 other co-workers with a barely there wi-fi signal. It took a full night for me to download the album and videos and then I wouldn't watch anything else.

Also, fricking Haunted man. What a tune.

[​IMG]

Ferk, Andy French, K94 and 3 others like this.
  15. LTG

LTG

Happy BEYONCÉ day everyone, but to @Drew in particular.

Rhombus, heavymetalGAGA, R92 and 12 others like this.
  16. Haunted is still my absolute favorite.

Phloo, sesita, nikkysan and 1 other person like this.
  17. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

This album... whew, still wall to wall bangers as fresh as release day.

Joe., sesita, inevitable and 2 others like this.
  18. I am revisiting this diabolically perfect Nico Muhly Talkhouse piece to celebrate! “Because I am an homosexual and these Knowlesian dispatches are treated, by cultural necessity, as oracular and as gospel: gnomic, poetic, abstract, and very, very relevant.”

19. Love her personality in this video

Never seen the Yours and Mine video before either. How did that pass me by?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.