Beyoncé's Album (It's real.)

Re: Beyoncé - 5th Studio Album (2013)

The 'gale-force', 'effortless performance ability' praise is totally kosher and pretty much an undeniable fact but "She’s got the finest set of ears, the sharpest musical mind, of anyone in her pop generation."? I mean...

Ha, yes. I would agree it was a bit of a stretch. But perhaps she could be included in the camp 'one of...'.

That Danja track sounds great. There are definite similarities to 'Sexy To Me', of which he also produced, but I like the idea that there could be similar-sounding songs on the album.

Does anyone else think we could be in for a little bit of surprise with this album? I'm not suggesting that it will be without its slower, more tender moments, but I just have a sneaking suspicion that it could be a bit more raunchy and off-kilter than I had previously thought it would be. Hmm...

No. Run The World has no melody and no chord progression, and that's down to the instrumental - not Beyonce...even as grating as her shouting can be. It's a crap song because it's flat and lifeless. Some might say it's "trap".

Rubbish. I'm singing the Pon De Floor melody in my head right now. Nicola Roberts managed it.

Last edited:

I think it might've been for "4". There is a version on youtube with Claude Kelly singing over it from Feb 2011.

C

Consuelanono

I would like for it to sound like Blackout, but a bit more modern. Not so poppy that it's unbelievable coming from Beyonce, but catchy and melodic and not afraid to stick its feet in the "EDM" pool at times. Edgy, a little dark, sexy. Minimal ballads.

That instrumental is intense. If that Danja track is indeed close in sound to what she's been working on then I'm excited.

All the love for Electrik Red's album happening on twitter between Missy and Timbaland makes me wish someone would hand her one of those instrumentals like Devotion (or Ciara's Promise) with the lush, pillow-y soft synths and the exhaling drum beats.

Last edited:

It's not going to sound like Blackout. It's going to be the same old tired snap beat derivative poorly produced throwback R&B (which is not the only type of R&B, for all the 'you just don't appreciate R&B' knuckleheads).

Incidently, that O2 instrumental sounds OK. Like a slightly better Upgrade U. But as Upgrade U is so trashy in itself, that could possibly still only amount to mediocrity.

LewJB is my favourite Beyonce stan.

That instrumental is such FIYAH. And people were saying Danja is 'past it'...

That Danja track sounds very promising.

I'd love for her to embrace more tribal, acoustic beats like that with some sinister sounding instrumentals. Dark, sexy and almost voodoo like. It would be magical.

R

Resi12

That song is giving me life. Her actual songs better be of quality or EVERYONE'S going to say, "She should have recorded it!". I have faith though, the O2 ad...

Wait, Call Me Daddy? Sounds like a Bionic leftover. Those lyrics are dreadful.

Oh god, people like Upgrade U?

Bizarre.

tumblr_miffyxrrG31qgmkcqo1_500.jpg

C

Consuelanono

The O2 ad is a real song, then? I loved that. Or are the stans just praying we won't get another...however LewJB described it...album.