Beyoncé's Album (It's real.) | Page 276 | The Popjustice Forum

Beyoncé's Album (It's real.)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by truman, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Re: Beyoncé - 5th Studio Album (2013)

I don't want to wear fur because a celebrity does. That's really stupid.

2. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Guest

Re: Beyoncé - 5th Studio Album (2013)

No, you're really ignorant. Why do you think companies all around the world shell out millions for celebrity endorsements? Do you REALLY think no one would be inclined to want something because it's worn all the time by extremely famous, cool and influential people? Or are you just one of those people who assume nothing exists outside of their own personal world (i.e., I don't want to wear something because a celebrity does ergo nobody else does either). Beyonce alone wore some Obama earrings last year and orders for that type of earrings increased massively after she was pictured wearing them:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fash-track/beyonce-obama-earrings-erika-pena-384134

To deny the influence that celebrities can have on what the public wants is pure IGNORANCE.

3. Re: Beyoncé - 5th Studio Album (2013)

I don't want to wear Obama earrings. Yes other people might be stupid and run out to buy these things but that doesn't mean I will. I think it's stupid because this is just a ridiculously stupid conversation that has nothing to do with music.

4. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Guest

This is not about YOU. *facepalm*

5. Re: Beyoncé - 5th Studio Album (2013)

No this is about preaching self righteousness in the Beyoncé Fifth Album thread.

6. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Guest

Self rightenousness? More like common sense and respect for nature. But keep supporting a woman who is directly impacting the extinction of animal species.

7. Re: Beyoncé - 5th Studio Album (2013)

Exactly. This is a completely cyclical argument that occurs every couple of weeks that has nothing to do with the music. I expect the necrotarian priviledge person to show up any second.

8. RJF

RJF

Fur ruins Popjustice.

9. Re: Beyoncé - 5th Studio Album (2013)

So I've heard this girl from Destiny's Child (the one who isn't Michelle or Kelly) is releasing her 5th solo album. Do we think it will finally be her breakthrough record?

(Trying in vain to get this thread back on track before it goes the way of the Artpop thread)

10. Re: Beyoncé - 5th Studio Album (2013)

4 is already her breakthrough record.

11. Re: Beyoncé - 5th Studio Album (2013)

This whole discussion is so unnecessary. It's not like the minks and chinchillas and other rodents the jackets are made off are an endangered species. All this animals are special breds from farms and not hunted down. You can start complaining once Beyonce starts wearing a tiger or a snow-lepard. If you want to do somehting useful start a petition against the illegal whale fishing in Japan or the tiger hunting in China ... Back to the topic: When will we get the single?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  12. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

I don't think there's a problem with having a responsible conversation about fur, but it needs to be done without insulting other forum members. It looks like that's not possible at the moment so let's redirect back to the album.

I for one am hoping for another key-change extravaganza a la Love On Top.

13. Re: Beyoncé - 5th Studio Album (2013)

Im just hoping that she makes a decent album. I've never been able to listen to a Bey album the whole way through, I'm not really expecting that to change but I can hope.

14. Re: Beyoncé - 5th Studio Album (2013)

Honestly I think Bey desperately needs a Destiny's Child reunion. Nostalgia is at all-time high (thanks internet!), the reunion at the Superbowl was very popular, all three of them have come a long way as artists and live performers, and it would allow her to release, tour and make bank without tiring out the "Beyoncé" brand (which I think we kinda saw with "4"). She's a mother now and different to the trim pop princess who unleashed Dangerously In Love 'pon the masses.

That said, if she can bring a female Watch The Throne/GOOD Music type album...sort of dark and eclectic R&B drawing from other genres, in the line of what was rumored for "Girls" before it was released (tribal dubstep etc etc)..then I'll be glad.

15. Re: Beyoncé - 5th Studio Album (2013)

So will we get any music before the tour? Maybe only one single? In which case, it softens the pain of not getting tickets if it will mostly be the same old songs, performances etc..

I'm a huge Beyonce fan. But I either would need her to mix the routines/setlist up a lot or to be performing a whole new album which the whole audience know.

16. Re: Beyoncé - 5th Studio Album (2013)

I really don't want the tour to become nothing but old stuff with some new dresses on. I don't need 12 new songs live but at least a few unknown things would be great. I'd also like Solange to open for her but I guess that's just dreaming.

17. Re: Beyoncé - 5th Studio Album (2013)

Oh, shut up!

18. Re: Beyoncé - 5th Studio Album (2013)

I am salivating at the thought of a DC3 reunion right now. Let me go spin Nuclear again real quick...

19. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

You can start posting again in three days time. If you post something that aggressive again, you won't be back.

20. Re: Beyoncé - 5th Studio Album (2013)

I think the demand for her new tour proves the Beyonce brand is as high as ever, none of her tours have seen ticket sales like this. She really should release a new song to keep the momentum going, with the album in April.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.