Beyoncé's Next Projects (Lion King Soundtrack, Live Album, B7...) | The Popjustice Forum

Beyoncé's Next Projects (Lion King Soundtrack, Live Album, B7...)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by EnsnareTheSenses, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Hello, friends.

We have our first official confirmation that new music from Beyoncé is currently being 'coordinated' from The-Dream:

(Side note: he also confirms in this that Rihanna is 'about done... super close' on her next album too, kii.)

It was already reported as early as February last year that Beyoncé and Elton John were reworking the Lion King soundtrack ahead of the film's release in July, and that the pair were likely working with Tim Rice on a new song for the end credits of the film.

Whether or not The-Dream is referring to soundtrack music, or an entirely new album, is unclear, but what we do know is that her next move is becoming less mythical by the minute.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  2. I'd tend to believe he's not talking about a full new studio album knowing how she kept everything a secret for the last two, but still, come thru queen.

3. She's never actually been terribly coy about recording before, as she posted photos etc in the studio ahead of both of her last solo albums. It's usually just the deployment that's been top secret.

Verandi likes this.

4. She won the Vanguard Award at GLAAD last night and spoke about her Uncle who died of HIV. I’m not aware that she’s spoken about that before ! Shangela also performed a fierce Beyoncé medley in front of her and she appeared to be living.

I low-key hope this inspires her to release one more poppers O’Clock / bangers only / carnival-esque / for the gays / Fela Kuti inspired typa album. I say one more because we have this album already and it’s called B’Day.

Here’s some of Shangela’s performance:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  5. Bey looked absolutely beautiful in her last few performances. There’s such a warm, more relaxed aura around her these days and I hope this carries over to her new music.

scottdisick94 and godspeed like this.
  6. Oh dear. If she does this again... I will not be able to handle it. My heart is already beating faster just thinking of it!

7. If we get new Madonna AND new Beyoncé in the same week...

LP and andru like this.
  8. New music from Bey AND Madonna on the same week?! #blessed

LP likes this.
  9. I heard a live album with 2 new songs is coming, not a studio album.

aaronhansome, Island and Bobbyrae like this.
  10. Who's birthday is it April 18?

11. Mess. Didnt see this before posting on her general thread. But yeah, I think we’ll get a live album of Homecoming

You can see on her site a spot reserved for it:
    [​IMG]

12. Is it just a live album to coincide with the Netflix documentary?

13. My sister's. She isn't famous though. Let's move on.

MmmDani likes this.
  14. There’s a live album of her Coachella set out on Apple Music/Tidal/Spotify. Queen of bringing back the live album.

15. HOMECOMING: THE LIVE ALBUM

A4293FF0-8245-4B49-831E-25E924B8541A.jpeg

Here for the artwork, not here for a live album.

Jwentz, man.tis.shrimp, LP and 7 others like this.

16. Not live versions of Lemonade making it onto Spotify before the real thing.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019 at 8:14 AM
  17. Are the bonus tracks new songs?

18. Nawt Lemonade songs on Spotify! She LIED!

No, but this is very nice to have. It really was an incredible set.

19. Having Hold Up into Countdown on Spotify is worth the lies.

superultra, Mr Blonde, LP and 5 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.