Beyoncé's Next Projects (The Gift, 'Spirit', B7, and beyond...) | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Beyoncé's Next Projects (The Gift, 'Spirit', B7, and beyond...)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by EnsnareTheSenses, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Well the melodies on this are just gorgeous.

2. We don’t deserve her.

andru, Diet Pop!, stuaw and 3 others like this.
  3. The sheer warmth and power in her vocals here. Whew the other girls could never.

FridayNight, andru, Floppie and 8 others like this.
  4. I’m absolutely gagged. The fact that this is layered with such beautiful melodies, vocals and warmth...phew.

It also sounds like it fits with the soundscape of the original (and presumably also the new) soundtrack.

Our Queen!

andru, Floppie, Diet Pop! and 12 others like this.
  5. This is the most gospel-esque track I've heard from her in a bit, though that vocal picks up right where she left off with her rendition of "Lift Every Voice and Sing" at Coachella. She is soaring here.

6. The water hole is dripping!

7. Oscaryoncé sounds so good on this.

8. I love Beyoncé, and she sounds great, but “Spirit” is too vanilla for me.

9. But Beyonce songs haven’t had melodies since Sasha Fierce /sarcasm

10. LiK

LiK

Cute song but it's really nothing special to me. She does sound great though.

timothy_b likes this.
  11. I hope none of you have been shitting on Emeli Sande...

But this is cute enough. I'll play it a few times.

Sleepycat and aboutyounow like this.
  12. It’s nice, but I feel her vocal delivery doesn’t match with the production at times a bit? Will give it a few more listens.

13. First impression was this, although I have to admit I'm already yelling Spiiiiiriiiiit in very emotional ways through the office,

14. I like the concept of Spirit, but the product leaves a little to be desired for me. A full album will be interesting.

15. It's gorgeous, that's really all I can say about it. You can't go wrong with a soaring choir.

Mr Blonde likes this.
  16. I just saw there will be an album curated by her.

Wow.

17. The director said the role of Nala plays a bigger part in this film.

18. It’s a little bit too much I Am Sasha Fierce for me, I’m not sold on the production.

19. The opening is a bit of a bait and switch when the track is the most basic thing she's put her name to since 2008*.

Trying to imagine the cgi Lion singing this and I-

*I ignore Perfect Duet

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  20. This didn’t move me at all. It doesn’t give me big movie moment nor is it particularly catchy. Her vocal staying pretty much in the same octave except for the middle 8 is also a little underwhelming when you consider the magnitude of the movie. Everything could’ve just felt a little bigger.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.