Bhad Bhabie - '15' (Debut Mixtape) | The Popjustice Forum

Bhad Bhabie - '15' (Debut Mixtape)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by RMK, Sep 21, 2017.

?

With a record deal, and a reality show how long will Danielle Bregoli's career last?

1. A Month

19 vote(s)
    26.4%
  2. 4-6 Months

7 vote(s)
    9.7%
  3. 1 Year

16 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. FOREVER

30 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. RMK

RMK

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  2. How is her name pronounced? Like 'baby' or 'barbie'?

3. Delete this thread. And your account.

4. I'm not saying I like it but it's kind of.. better than I imagined it would be? I dunno, I don't really get the negativity hype, she's just a kid who got a record deal and seems to be doing ok with it.

Charmander and Leopold like this.
  5. I mean, this is a girl who got famous because she has terrible enunciation and was uncouth to her mother on a talk show. There's a reason why people find her largely obnoxious and polarizing. The fact that she was signed by one of the most supposedly-reputable record companies in the industry simply speaks volumes of not only how foolish the handlers of many other, greater artists can be but also where we are as a culture. It's not as if she was Justin Bieber or Alessia Cara posting YouTube videos and suddenly plucked into prominence. There is no skill, there is no allure. She's merely "there."

6. RMK

RMK

Make sure you watch the thread, and participate in the poll!!

7. I am of the opinion that you don't need any sort of "skill" in the traditional sense to become a worthwhile recording artist, so I'm totally okay with this girl trying it out.

Having said that, I'm not particularly keen on her, and her music isn't my cup of tea, so I guess I'll pass on this one.

8. Will you be buying Bhad Bhabie's debut EP?

No, I’ll be buying a gun and one bullet to end my own life if she has a successful career.

9. Andy Warhol said: "In the future, everybody will be famous"
    No, he said, "Everybody will be world-famous for 15 minutes."

Vixen, Island, Rem and 11 others like this.
  10. This quote made me want to listen to the iconic bop it introduces.

Mikal, ephemeralartery and 4Roses like this.
  11. RMK

RMK

You'd think her 15 minutes of fame would be over though... That's the strange part. I haven't seen someone capitalize on being a meme so thoroughly.

12. Rebecca Black tho.

13. Yet Rebecca Black started with her music, luv - that was what she was known for from the jump. This is like a Jerry Springer contestant becoming an internationally-known Instagram maven-turned-recording artist. It's highly bizarre and exceedingly strange, but then again, so are the times.

Noir likes this.
  14. (I only name-dropped Rebecca because she invented capitalizing on becoming a meme).

Island, RMK and imperialsteroid like this.
  15. RMK

RMK

Rebecca is doing bad now though (and I know this has nothing to do with anything). Though she's making music and getting views on those songs her channel is literally tanking.

Bringing this back to the main topic Danielle already has more subscribers then her which is crazy.

16. In India the word "Bhabhie" means sister in law

17. Bad Baby is how I read it

These Heaux is still a lowkey bop so

18. I don’t see her going beyond being a meme for 12 year olds and the anti-PC crowd/white supremacists who find her edgy and rebellious.

Petty Mayonnaise and flowersandu like this.
  19. RMK

RMK

Her crowd is white supremacists?

I think it's actually teenagers who like memes and possibly instagram models, but okay.

20. I mean if people are willing to co-sign another racist minstrel act, what should they be called? I think white supremacists pretty much covers it.

Jwentz, Mr Blonde, K94 and 3 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.