Big Brother / Celebrity Big Brother UK | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Big Brother / Celebrity Big Brother UK

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by MYCAL, Apr 29, 2015.

1. I must admit that it was devastating when Ashleigh didn't win. In my eyes, she will always be the rightful winner of that series.

diamondliam likes this.
  2. Same. I just can't do it to myself again.

3. Now is a good time to highlight how Big Brother under Channel 5 has completely defeated the odds and has actually managed to find itself with a kind of sub-golden era. I've said it before but absolutely everything seemed to completely switch on its head once Emma took over the main host role. I'm not in the least bit surprised that it has been renewed until 2018.

4. I thought that Helen's inability to see that she was NEVER in the right made her quite entertaining in a 'I shouldn't watch, but I want to' kind of way.

5. I remember the year Sam won (I think it was either 2012 or 2013) and it was actually baffling as to how he won. He was boring as fuck during the beginning of the series and used to sleep all day instead. I think it was towards the end of the series, he started getting into a few arguments etc.

6. Sam was a pretty poor winner but that series was really good.

Rhombus likes this.
  7. Jack and Joe were the most irritating housemates ever.

8. I seem to recall Joe being infinitely more likable than Jack.

9. "Always in the right, always in the right, always in the right, always in the right, always in the right, always in the right, always in the right, always in the right, always in the right, always in the right, always in the right, always in the right, always in the right, always in the right, always in the right, always in the right, always in the right."

stuaw likes this.
  10. I've really enjoyed BB13, BB14, and BB15, but they definitely all had the wrong winners.

Deana, Gina, and Ashleigh should have all won their respective seasons.

11. 2013 and 2014 were amazing series. Is that when Emma took over? They really were "iconic" Big Brothers in the same way a lot of the earlier series are. 2007-2012 (ish?) were some dark times for BB though.

12. Channel 5 really saved the show by getting rid of Brian Dowling and promoting Emma to the main show.

Rhombus likes this.
  13. SBK

SBK

I think Big Brother has passed the point of having 'deserving' winners. What defines deserving. Ideally Ashleigh would have won last year, she was entertaining the good to the absolute worst housemate ever Helen.

Giving her a pass to the final was both the best and worst thing ever to happen to the series.

I do question what Channel 5 let her get away with though. In fact channel 5's low level of behaviour standards have been questionable overall.

14. Ashleigh was the only deserving winner last year. She was entertaining, interesting, and charming all without being an absolute dickhead and a bully. She was also clever in her tactics.
    Helen, on the other hand, even though she was entertaining, never deserved to win a million years.

I genuinely believe Ashleigh would have won if the editing in the final week hadn't been so much in Helen's favour. They absolutely manipulated the show to make Helen suddenly look like the victim. I mean, putting her in a secret room four days before the final so she can watch people bitching about her? Of course they're going to bitch about her, she's just been an absolute arsehole to them for 10 weeks. Plus, it was all the producers who put her in the secret room, no public vote or anything.
    Then the whole, 'I owe you an apology' to Ashleigh on the final.
    The voting figures showed that Ashleigh was ahead of Helen until about halfway through the final night.

15. So this includes housemates from past series, yes? That's what I understood from the video promo clip... Do we know who?

16. People are misunderstanding this.

They mean that the housemates past will be in their hands, not past housemates. Meaning there will be twists possibly revealing secrets about their past etc.

17. So they're sort of doing a twist on Secret Story? That is what Big Brother is called in France. Every housemate has a secret, and it's up the each housemate to figure which secret belongs to whom.

18. I don't think so. They kind of already did that with 'Secrets & Lies', but it wasn't every housemate.

To be honest, the title 'Timebomb' probably just relates to a first week task and opening night twist and will fizzle out pretty quickly. 'Power Trip' last year was a good concept, but the way it made things unbalanced and unfair for the housemates every week was no good.

We really don't know anything about this concept yet.

19. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

They've revealed photos of all the housemates, which is odd.

20. I'm glad in a way because it will make their VTs slightly more bearable now that I've seen them all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.