Big Brother / Celebrity Big Brother UK | Page 7285 | The Popjustice Forum

Big Brother / Celebrity Big Brother UK

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by MYCAL, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Gemma Collins was on ITV News last night raising a glass to Boris. I was suitably disgusted.

mcuk and iRyan like this.
  2. I thought Our Thread could use some Our Sam.

ohaimanabu, biffy77 and mcuk like this.
  3. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

Is anyone doing the BB7 nightly rewatch?

4. MB

MB

5. "What's your name?"
    "Pete, what's yours?"
    "I'm Bonneh"
    "Bono?"
    "Bonneh"
    "Bonner?"
    "No, Bonnie..."

AllRed, Martyn, constantino and 15 others like this.
  6. Oh God Shabaz was so iconic.

7. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

Hopefully this will make people fall in love with Big Brother again.

8. I would die for a Gogglebox BB throwback special.

K94, andru, mcuk and 7 others like this.
  9. I wonder whether they'd have bothered if it wasn't for the pandemic. I mean what better content to fill their empty schedule than an archive full of iconic TV that they can just re-run all summer under the guise of celebrating 20 years. It's actually genius.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  10. Fight Night Uncut incoming!

11. This could be a stupid question but I assume they will only have the Channel 4 catalogue to choose from?

12. If the cardboard box task isn't shown I will be fuming.

I'm really looking forward to this - there's something incredibly comforting about watching classic bits of it while all this is going on. It's not really nostalgia, but I think I just associate Big Brother with summer, and therefore just being generally a bit happier?

13. RJF

RJF

...how much of Channel 4 Big Brother will really have aged well in 2020?

14. How much would any have, and it’s only been two years?

kermit_the_frog and mcuk like this.
  15. Perhaps if the ratings are good they’ll bring it back.

16. How come Big Blagger hasn't aired an episode the last two nights or have they just not saved them to re-watch or something? I caught up to Episode 4.

My "Shabaz is iconic" post from an hour ago has aged worse than some of these episodes have. 18 year old Glyn trying to express that he didn't want to be touched by a man regardless whether he was gay or not, and Shabaz responding with 'that's fine, but I'm not going to stop touching you because how can I stop being tactile?'. Queen Dawn was unsurprisingly the voice of reason when she said had that been a 37 year old man talking to an 18 year old girl there'd be uproar. It was SO uncomfortable to watch.

Sezer was a pig in 2006 and didn't need 15 years to make it seem worse in hindsight, but seeing him call Lisa "common" and "manly" and how he didn't like her simply because it wasn't right for a woman to "act like a man" was disgusting.

I absolutely love watching these old seasons purely from a psychological aspect and also seeing things through more mature eyes. As a teenager you're just not getting all the nuance of some situations. It's so fun to watch.

17. The best episodes show has me so excited, best news today. I miss this stupid show every summer now. It puts me in a funk, it used to be my summer escape and something me and my mum always watched together.

Re Shabaz, does anyone have a video of his saying he wants to go home, watch a DVD and ‘maybe be ill’. It’s something me and my friends quote all the time but I feel like we’re misremembering it because it was so long ago haha!

mi|kshake likes this.
  18. Every season is so of its time that it’ll be like opening a time capsule.

It’s always interesting and I can’t wait to get back into the BB summer tradition. Anyone want some Prosecco?

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.