Big Brother / Celebrity Big Brother UK | Page 7348 | The Popjustice Forum

Big Brother / Celebrity Big Brother UK

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by MYCAL, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Sam’s treatment was definitely jarring and disappointing to witness especially after Nadia had just been (mostly?) universally celebrated two years earlier.

pmas and girlsaloudjunkie like this.
  2. I cannot stand this dude

3. This looks pretty much a done deal now:

Broadcast is a very reliable trade publication.

Here's the article:

ITV is planning to resurrect Big Brother and return the show to its roots, Broadcast understands.

There is signifcant speculation that the commercial PSB wants to bring back the mega-brand, and discussions are at an advanced stage with producer Banijay UK/ Initial, though no agreement has been reached.

It is believed that ITV’s intention is to eschew the excesses of some reality formats with a back-to-basics approach to the revival.

The broadcaster hopes that BB could become a young-skewing programming event of a similar scale to Love Island, but it will not be solely populated by beautiful people like the dating format.

Instead, its casting will seek to reflect a slice of contemporary Britain and will be based on finding interesting characters.

Former housemates such as Anna Nolan, the ex-nun who was among series one’s diverse crop of contestants, and Nadia Almada, the transgender winner of series five, are being talked about internally as the type of cast that ITV’s Big Brother will seek to feature.

It is thought that this approach will also extend to the revival being a light-touch production, more akin to the earlier series on Channel 4.

ITV2 is the most likely home for the series, and it could also be a key title for driving viewers to ITVX, the broadcaster’s forthcoming digital platform that is slated to launch around November this year.

Love Island is an outlier for ITV and its broadcasting rivals in terms of the volume of younger viewers it can attract on a night-after-night basis. Given the huge challenge of launching new shows, ITV is understood to believe that reviving and re-imagining the Big Brother brand could be the best way of achieving similar results.

The Sun first reported that ITV is set to bring back Big Brother in April.

ITV and Banijay declined to comment.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  4. Briefly got excited that ITV wanted to get Anna and Nadia to host it there!

The Rural Juror and etienne like this.
  5. I remember them pitching BB4 as “back to basics”…

6. When the highlight of the series was someone having a wank

ohaimanabu likes this.
  7. Did anyone spot Sam BB7 pop up on This is My House?

[​IMG]

I recognised Sam’s face and voice immediately so I knew that they were one of the imposters!

The Rural Juror likes this.
  8. I hope they get an actual good selection of people with a variety of backgrounds. I don't want influencers and Instagrammers and all that nonsense. Look at Come Dine with Me as an example. People with interesting personalities and younger, older, everything in between

AllRed, Blue6010, Jamie and 6 others like this.
  9. The last Channel 5 series was a good example of 'back to basics' done well i thought.

MB, AllRed, ohaimanabu and 1 other person like this.
  10. Bet Rylan is fuming. I think a complete fresh start is what is needed.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
  11. Ugh zad

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  12. Sam

Sam

Good

stuaw, WowWowWowWow and ohaimanabu like this.
  13. I don't want Rylan involved to be honest.

[​IMG]

biffy77, Stuart, Denemarken and 9 others like this.
  14. When the meme of Davina went around with her saying “D’you want another one?”? WE DIDN’T MEAN PRESENTER!!!!

15. I've never been into the idea of a male hosting Big Brother, as "Big Brother" itself has already been more of a masculine presence. I feel like the show has always been better suited to having a motherly figure as the host. Alison Hammond would be a much better option if they want a new face, especially since she has ties and history to the show.

16. The fact that Alison Hammond stays booked 20 years after appearing on BB is a testament to her likability. It’s quite surreal that the host of BBLB is her current co-host on one of the biggest daytime shows. Bear in mind that she was evicted second in her year!

17. There's only one option

[​IMG]

WowWowWowWow likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.