Big Brother / Celebrity Big Brother UK

he/him
I find CBB quite hit and miss in general. I think only 2 of the C4 series were actually great - the Jackie Stallone series and the Chantelle one. The first series was barely a week! The second with Les Dennis was painfully boring. The fifth obviously had THAT racism row and the two series that followed were mostly forgettable.

Some of the C5 CBB series were so much better. Highlights being the Lee Ryan/Louisa Zissman and Tiffany/Gemma series of course. But it also had some of the nastiest series - the Stephen Bear one was unwatchable, and the one with that Jemma character who had it in for Sarah Harding was uncomfortable viewing. It could really swing from one extreme to the other sometimes.

The last series on C5 being the most complained about show of the 2010’s, I can see why ITV have gone for the approach they have here. It’s definitely a bit more I’m a Celeb vibes with the task focus. Maybe we’ll get riskier series down the line (especially if it moves to ITV2) but for now I’ve kind of not minded how light viewing this has basically been.

I find CBB quite hit and miss in general. I think only 2 of the C4 series were actually great - the Jackie Stallone series and the Chantelle one. The first series was barely a week! The second with Les Dennis was painfully boring. The fifth obviously had THAT racism row and the two series that followed were mostly forgettable.

Some of the C5 CBB series were so much better. Highlights being the Lee Ryan/Louisa Zissman and Tiffany/Gemma series of course. But it also had some of the nastiest series - the Stephen Bear one was unwatchable, and the one with that Jemma character who had it in for Sarah Harding was uncomfortable viewing. It could really swing from one extreme to the other sometimes.

The last series on C5 being the most complained about show of the 2010’s, I can see why ITV have gone for the approach they have here. It’s definitely a bit more I’m a Celeb vibes with the task focus. Maybe we’ll get riskier series down the line (especially if it moves to ITV2) but for now I’ve kind of not minded how light viewing this has basically been.

I think you make a really good point here - C5 focused on Celeb series because their model for Big Brother focused on conflict and general mean-spiritedness actually. Their audience (including us) enjoyed this more when it was “entitled” celebrities imploding, giving them higher ratings and it naturally put more effort into those series as a result.

Channel 4 and ITV (so far) are focused more on the interactions between people from different backgrounds - success of a civilian series relies on very thorough and well-considered casting (which they succeeded with last year) but a celebrity series? They don’t exactly have thousands of applicants (and many of the shortlist live similar experiences, so there’s less to learn about and less-meaningful conversations). I guess what I’m taking from this is that the celebrity version will always be a game of roulette - thank god that this time we had loose-lipped Sharon to entertain us…

Why is ‘playing the game’ seen as a bad thing. IT’S THE WHOLE POINT OF THE SHOW
I just saw the clip of Louis nominating Bradley saying “His eye is on the trophy. He wants to win.” God forbid someone would want to win in a competition that has a winner! But they also have no issue calling someone out for “not wanting to be there.” Where is the middle ground?

He / Him
I know that CBB doesn’t tend to focus on the housemates’ lives outside of the house but I find the complete lack of insight that Louis has provided into his home/private life a bit odd given how unfiltered he is in other respects.

What is his domestic situation - is he partnered? Does he rattle around a massive mansion by himself? Who helped him through his recent health issues? Does he have any friends other than people he has formed superficial industry connections with?

For someone prides himself as being so honest, he is so completely closed off.

I wondered this too. I mean all the time they’ve spent in there I don’t doubt he’s spoken about these things. I wonder if it was written into him being there that his relationships family or otherwise would stay private?

I like to think if she'd picked Craig there would have been no twist and he'd have just been evicted there and then.

There was a very strong 'contingency for a housemate we want to keep twist' vibe there.
I think the twist was always planned because they knew literally everyone would've chosen Louis.

Would Nikita be so popular if he wasn't good looking? For someone that complains how Fern doesn't interact with the group he seems pretty moody and miserable a lot of the time. I think I only like Fern, Zeze, Bradley, David and Marisa now.

I still think we are getting a Louis win - I hope I am wrong.

Would Nikita be so popular if he wasn't good looking? For someone that complains how Fern doesn't interact with the group he seems pretty moody and miserable a lot of the time. I think I only like Fern, Zeze, Bradley, David and Marisa now.

I still think we are getting a Louis win - I hope I am wrong.
Unpopular opinion alert. I wouldn't be mad if Louis one. Let's be honest, he's carried the series since Sharon left. For me it's been one of the most boring CBB's and I probably would have switched off by now if it wasn't for Louis, his messy antics and constant craving for gossip and the drama!

Fern is the only other housemate who has made the series watchable with her ruthless yet on point dragging of certain housemates.