Big Brother / Celebrity Big Brother UK

I’m no Sharon fan but I’m even less of a fan of Amanda Holden. Both are terrible people but at least Sharon can be entertaining with it.

Amanda’s bootlicking comments about Simon Cowell remind me of that time he played that on-air prank on her by telling her he was replacing her on BGT with Cheryl because Cheryl was “younger”. It was played for laughs but really highlighted the uncomfortable power dynamic - for the second before Amanda was told it was a prank, she seemed devastated and keenly aware that he held all of the cards. Sharon is right that she isn’t and was never in the same position.

Last edited:
I’m no Sharon fan but I’m even less of a fan of Amanda Holden. Both are terrible people but at least Sharon can be entertaining with it.

Amanda’s bootlicking comments about Simon Cowell remind me of that time he played that on-air prank on her by telling her he was replacing her on BGT with Cheryl because Cheryl was “younger”. It was played for laughs but really highlighted the uncomfortable power dynamic - for the second before Amanda was told it was a prank, she seemed devastated and keenly aware that he held all of the cards. Sharon is right that she is and was never in the same position.

I seem to remember there being a horrible situation where he did make plans to replace Amanda on BGT, she suffered an awful personal tragedy and he backtracked solely because he had been advised what a bad look it would be for him and the show.

Basically, he has no loyalty to anyone (which is all Sharon and Louis were saying in the first place!)