Big Brother Pop

Charley

Staff member
Can I just point out all the beautiful beautiful music we have 'Big Brother' to thank for?

Craig Phillips - At This Time Of Year
Nadia - A Little Bit Of Action
Shabnam - Shout
Samanda - Barbie Girl
Samanda - Whistle For A Hottie
Samanda ft. The Honey Monster - Honey Love
Chanelle Hayes - I Want It (7th Heaven Radio Edit)
Zuleyka - Through With Love

Thank you, 'Big Brother'.

(Though to be fair, that 7th Heaven remix of 'I Want It' is complete and utter brilliance)

What are your favourites? Which are the worst? What housemates would you like to release a song? Any international 'Big Brother' pop? Thoughts?

Fuck all of those ones you mentioned. It always has and always will be all about Nichola Holt's The Game.

You forgot Nichola Holt's The Game. To be fair, I think most people did.

Hilariously, Craig was reported to have signed a five-album deal. Nine years on (is it?) and still no sign of the first....

Charley

Staff member
I only started following 'Big Brother' from about the third season on (well, as much as you can follow it without being able to watch Channel 4 in your country) so there's probably a couple more missing from my list. Feel free to add!

Didn't Michelle Bass have a song as well? And that Stephanie girl who had a 'Popstars' connection?

I've just seen Zuleyka - Through With Love for the first time ever when was this release?? he shud be shot for that lol...

It was after the fifth season - the one Michelle was in - that I ceased to watch the show at all. It's not a decision I've ever regretted.

I think Michelle had a single a couple of years ago - possibly called Must Be The Music, or something along those lines? It wasn't very good.

multimediac17

Australian Big Brother pop:

Sara-Marie featuring The Sirens - 'I'm So Excited' - basically a girl group singing the song with a Big Brother contestant saying her catch phrases over the top.

Big Brother - 'Big Brother Theme' - Quite a big hit, if I remember correctly.

Danielle - 'Underneath The Radar' - Some boring contestant with some boring song, massive flop.

I'm certain the Celebrity Big Brother contestants released a single because I saw the video on Video Hits and there was some other thing called 'The Housemates Song' by The Sirens, who seemed to be the official girl group of Big Brother for some reason.

Every single one of these songs is shit.

Remember Lesley? On that Big Brother programme that shows what they're doing when the show's finished, she went into a recording studio and covered Alicia Keys. Luckily, she never went back again.

Chanelles 7th heaven remix of I want it is infact the best thing to come out of Big Brother EVER.

I love that remix so much, she would have had a hit if she'd released the remix instead of that awful awful faux rnb shite

Manila Chinchila said:
Remember Lesley? On that Big Brother programme that shows what they're doing when the show's finished, she went into a recording studio and covered Alicia Keys. Luckily, she never went back again.

She actually recorded a song called called Hated. i dont think it was ever picked up for a release though. Cant say i'm surprised.

Charley! said:
And that Stephanie girl who had a 'Popstars' connection?

AH
AH
AH
AH
I'M NOT CAMERA SHY
GIVE THEM WHAT THEY WAAAANT
DON'T NEED TO TE-

Which is all I recall before I turned it off.

markthegab1 said:
Nobody has mentioned Dean and Bubble. Not that i really remember it. It was some football song.

Bubble was the 'star turn' at my University Fresher week. How unbelievably tragic is that?

Wasn't there one girl who actually had a decent voice but no one liked her on big brother. I'm sure it was on the most recent one.

Charley

Staff member
Stephanie McMichael - Camera Shy

The tracks on her MySpace are not as dance-y, though. I looked around on YouTube a bit and this video has a montage of her in 'Popstars: The Rivals', where she did a Nadine Coyle and lied about her age. I was feeling all sympathetic, but then this 'Big Brother' clip completely ruined it.

Robert said:
Kandyfloss - I Want It Right Now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roi5f1N1ZEM

I'm still waiting for the full version to leak.

That song is AMAZING! I wish Chantelle would release this instead of desperately trying to become Jordan / a WAG. It's probably not her singing though, is it?

multimediac17 said:
Australian Big Brother pop:

Sara-Marie featuring The Sirens - 'I'm So Excited' - basically a girl group singing the song with a Big Brother contestant saying her catch phrases over the top.

Danielle - 'Underneath The Radar' - Some boring contestant with some boring song, massive flop.

I've watched these on YouTube and that 'I'm So Excited' cover is alright in a 'crap girlband from 2001' kinda way, but that Sara-Marie girl is completely pointless.

The 'Underneath The Radar' cover however is BRILLIANT! How is this boring? The intro is very 'House Of Doom'!