Big Country UK Singles Rate 1982-1994 The Harvest is here. NO1 Revealed. RATE FINISHED. | The Popjustice Forum

Big Country UK Singles Rate 1982-1994 The Harvest is here. NO1 Revealed. RATE FINISHED.

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by simes1970, Mar 29, 2019.

1. [​IMG]
    Here we are with one of Scotland's finest exports Big Country who released some cracking singles. Below is a list of the tracks you can vote for and the order.
    Harvest Home
    Fields Of Fire
    In A Big Country
    Chance
    Wonderland
    East Of Eden
    Where The Rose Is Sown
    Just A Shadow
    Look Away
    The Teacher
    One Great Thing
    Hold The Heart
    King Of Emotion
    Broken Heart (13 Valleys)
    Peace In Our Time
    Save Me
    Heart Of The World
    Republican Party Reptile
    Beautiful People
    Alone
    Ships (Where Were You)

Finally onto the points scoring as with all my others half points are allowed and you can have 1 12 point song 1 11 point song then the rest is up to you.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  2. This shall kick off later in the week probably Thursday due to circumstances beyond my control internet wise.

Hairycub1969 and Eric Generic like this.
  3. I shall look away until then.

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  4. I'll take a "chance" on this rate - should be interesting @simes1970 always does great rates!

Eric Generic likes this.
  5. First Three tracks beginning with Harvest Home

Fields Of Fire

In A Big Country

Filippa and Eric Generic like this.
  6. Next 3 starting with Chance

Wonderland

East Of Eden

7. Where The Rose Is Sown

Just A Shadow

Look Away

8. The Teacher

One Great Thing

Hold The Heart

9. King Of Emotion

Broken Heart (13 Valleys)

Peace In Our Time

10. Save Me

Heart Of The World

Republican Party Reptile

11. Beautiful People

Alone

Ships (Where Were You)

12. Unfortunately it seems the majority of Big Country videos have been removed from the usual sites. So above you have all the tracks that can be voted on. Over the next 10 days I will look at the singles charted and their chart runs.

13. I'm winding down my participation in rates but can manage smaller ones like this, so I shall be sending scores!

Hairycub1969 likes this.
  14. Thanks Eric. We need at least 5 to make the rate worthwhile. So here is hoping for a few more.

Eric Generic and Hairycub1969 like this.
  15. Count me in too!

simes1970 and Eric Generic like this.
  16. I shall get back to this later in the week, just some home issues need taking care of.

17. [​IMG] Harvest Home did not chart, but what it did do, is show us the direction early Big Country would take. I did not here this track until a few years after it's release. It's a strong celtic inspired rock track.

18. [​IMG] Now we come to the first hit for the band Fields Of Fire
    Entered Chart 26/02/1983 64-49-37-34-31-13-13-10-15-29-42-73 Highest Chart Position 10 Weeks On Chart 12.
    I remember seeing this on Top Of The Pops and thinking what a great song. It became a favourite quite quickly , but for me 1983 was the pinnacle as far as music went. Great way to start their chart career.

19. [​IMG]
    Second Top 20 for the band in 1983 was In A Big Country
    Entered Chart 28/05/1983 34-18-17-21-26-37-57 Highest Chart Position 17 Weeks On Chart 7
    Possibly too much like Fields Of Fire this did not do as well but for me it sat along side FOF very well. Strong but perhaps they should have went with the track that comes next first.

20. [​IMG]
    Chance Entered Chart 03/09/83 22-15-12-11-9-14-22-35-46 Weeks On Chart 9 Highest Chart Position 9.
    Perhaps the band's crowning achievement Chance is a powerful ballad with a great sentiment at it's heart.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.