BIG POP GIRLS 2020 | Page 97 | The Popjustice Forum

BIG POP GIRLS 2020

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Laura Vanderbooben, Dec 1, 2020.

1. I had the idea for the post on my phone but opened my laptop to type oopsie
    [​IMG]

2. Lila

Lila Staff Member

Does she, though? Or has she read the same think pieces everyone else has since 2017 and rewrote them into verse-chorus-verse. It’s the musical equivalent of an Instagram info graphic. It’s politically redundant.

3. RJF

RJF

But it isn't, so we don't.

ohaimanabu, Remorque, funkyg and 11 others like this.
  4. Don't worry girlies, I've triple-checked our #77 already.

[​IMG]

5. Lily had the far superior ‘sarcasm’ line in Hard Out Here.

ohaimanabu likes this.
  6. The biggest crime of ‘Boys Will Be Boys’ (well, and ‘Good In Bed’) is that it prevents ‘Future Nostalgia’ from being a truly classic album.

sfmartin and Bolton like this.
  7. The remix is a bop though.

[​IMG]

8. Why in the world would anyone call it a debut highlight when it would be rubbing shoulders with album tracks like

Much less that incredible run of singles!

Remorque, Robert, Adam and 13 others like this.
  9. Not a woman, so feel free to drag me to hell, but Dua proclaiming herself to be a “female alpha” and “what now looks like” over a wonky rhythm was far more of a feminist moment to me than this.

The samba rework slaps though.

R27 and j267 like this.
  10. Yeah I'm mad about this. Feminist anthem Boys Will Be Boys is a genuinely good song, its only crime is not fitting the 'vibe' of the album. I don't understand the absolute hate it gets here. It's so much better than literally half of Chromatica. How songs like 1000 Doves remain still in is mindblowing...the Chromatica overscoring is so real.

11. RJF

RJF

Barely ten reveals in and the girls are popping the fuck up.

Remorque, funkyg, Dijah. and 23 others like this.
  12. Oop

[​IMG]

13. OK I know for a damn FACT that nothing on Chromatica had a remix as good as the Zach Witness Remix of Bots will be Bots, so this is a mess.

Remorque, Robert, Dynamo and 12 others like this.
  14. Bad Together is criminally underrated I will give you that.

But I don't know. I'll accept it's hardly groundbreaking but I feel like its deeper than a lot of the most mainstream girls feminist commentary. And then I compare to the last few years of Swift not saying something even so low-hanging made her a trump supporter?

I don't know my thoughts are kind of garbled right now. But it's fine?!

15. She tried it with this song.

16. BTG

BTG

I know I just defended them as not being that bad but how Dua’s label looked at that track list (of back to back classiqués) and didn’t notice it crashing to a halt at the end?

When Love is Religion was right there.

17. K94

K94

Glad we all know the remix slaps like Pat Butcher

[​IMG]

18. K94

K94

I was with you till No Goodbyes

[​IMG]

19. I genuinely haven’t listened to either Good In Bed or Boys Will Be Boys since April/the remixes replaced them entirely in my brain. We weren’t rating the remixes though so...bye.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.