BIG POP GIRLS 2021 - THE FINALE | Page 17 | The Popjustice Forum

BIG POP GIRLS 2021 - THE FINALE

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by aux, Dec 1, 2021.

1. RJF

RJF

Not me seeing all these dusty and delayed averages and realising I didn’t score anything below a 6/10.

[​IMG]

Am I in my @Andy French era?

[​IMG]

Also the mind boggles at taking part in a rate where you don’t find at least one album great but you know what? I love opinions that are different to my own. They’re always valid and worth listening to.

[​IMG]

Mushroom, GimmeWork, Phloo and 32 others like this.
  2. I think 4 or 5 was my lowest score, which is crazy for me. I’m getting soft.

3. Yeah my lowest album average was a 6.8, and my highest was a 8.12. There's some good stuff on every album, really great line up this year!

Babyface, aux, sfmartin and 1 other person like this.
  4. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

It’s not a very good album though is the thing

5. Yes and I gave it a 10 not to pass as a contrarian

[​IMG]

But it genuinely is a great song.

6. I like to love all the albums here, so my score variety is lacking. A few duds but nothing offensive. I actually had to go back and bump some scores down because something has to lose nn.

None of these albums are divisive or worth dragging and there's no imperial era to reflect on either. One classic big pop girl here among young newcomers (and Halsey nn), and none of them have feral fans on PJ.

Happier Than Ever 8.6
    Evermore 8.4
    If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power 8.3
    Sour 7.8
    Planet Her 7.5

I'm surprised the last two aren't flipped but it makes sense. Sour's average benefits from its short run time while Planet Her would have been better off being a leaner affair. Both are good albums that are promises of future potential rather than being complete showstoppers like the others.

I'm ready
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  7. I ignored Halsey's album and scored SAWAYAMA instead

[​IMG]

All 10's!

[​IMG]

8. While I overall agree, I’m curious to see how long we believe none of these gals have rabid stans in here dd

pop3blow2, boombazookajoe and aux like this.
  9. Dragging Halsey for this album is… not cute.

She wasn’t even on my radar prior to this, and was admittedly a little basic. But she’s my highest average here, against some stiff competition.

10. RJF

RJF

The Halsey album starts with like... four attempts at an intro. It's like they went, "No no no no no no no wait THIS is the start." and... took up about a third of the album.

11. BTG

BTG

The best song on the Halsey album isn't even on their album or on streaming.

aux likes this.
  12. BTG

BTG

Not me realising it was finally added this month.

[​IMG]

13. Wait at this being my one issue with the album.

14. I’ll redo my scores if People Disappear Here and Nightmare Reprise are added at the last minute
    [​IMG]

Remorque, papatrick, aux and 3 others like this.
  15. And they’re all good!

16. Yeah, The Tradition and Bells In Santa Fe are redundant next to each other. The first does an excellent job setting the tone and then it segues into...a song that does the exact same thing? Bells is nice on its own but I remember my first few listens of the album I was just like "get on with it already". And then 1121 is Bells part 2 nn.

tea and aux like this.
  17. Let’s not disrespect Easier Than Deserving 10 like this ladies!

18. I think it's for the best they weren't included. Halsey having another two 10s in the rate just wouldn't be fair for the other girls

[​IMG]

19. It's crazy to me that so many people have middling scores for SOUR when the album has objectively like two kinda boring songs and nine smashes.

20. [​IMG]

And also:

GimmeWork and aux like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.