BIG POP GIRLS 2021 - THE FINALE | Page 18 | The Popjustice Forum

BIG POP GIRLS 2021 - THE FINALE

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by aux, Dec 1, 2021.

1. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

Happier Than Ever - 8.83
    Evermore - 8.57
    Evermore (Deluxe) - 8.41
    Planet Her - 8.14
    If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power - 7.96
    Planet Her (Deluxe) - 7.72
    Sour - 6.73

This is how I'd rank them so it worked out perfectly. I thought my averages were maybe too high at first and I spent much too long trying to decide what to remove points from, but at the end of the day, I thoroughly enjoyed 95% of this songlist so whatever. Olivia suffered the most only because there are a few songs that don't evoke much of a reaction (as opposed to being actively bad), but she has a lot of promise and I'm sure the best is yet to come with her.

2. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

Evermore - 8.91
    Planet Her - 8.55
    SOUR - 8.36
    If I Can't Have Love I Want Power - 8.26
    Happier than Ever - 7.83

I think this is probably the first time in a BPG rate where an specific album didn't stand out negatively to me, to be honest. I only gave 13 10s + 11 overall but my lowest score was a 5 and I didn't even consider giving anything a 0, so all in all a pretty good selection.

Also I get the criticism for SOUR but I just think most of the songs are just so fun to sing along to, I was biased by how much entertainment I get from the experience of it over the actual quality of the music dddddd

3. And I'm finally done!

I'm quite surprised at how high my scores are, but the girls really did a great job - I'm especially surprised by Halsey, as I'm not much into her music, but If I Can't Have Love really is really her finding her own lane and setting the grounds for a fantastic future.

Planet Her - 8,00
    Evermore - 8,79
    Sour - 8,09
    Happier Than Ever - 9,00
    If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power - 7,77

4. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Rooting for Billie but I don't think I'm going to get enough listens in of some of the albums I've been avoiding not listened to much yet, so no votes from me sorry @aux I know you'll do a great job <3

Remorque, Trouble in Paradise and aux like this.
  5. I submitted my results a while back and since it's nearly time I might as well post my scores:

Sour - 5.47
    Planet Her - 5.56
    Evermore - 5.76
    If I Can't Have Love etc. - 6.92
    Happier Than Ever - 7.01

Funny that my highest score for these albums is Billie's album since my 11 is actually from Halsey's album.

aux likes this.
  6. RJF

RJF

Happier Than Ever - 8.867
    evermore - 8.768
    If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power - 7.385
    Sour - 7.364
    Planet Her - 7.028

A really, really strong year without anyone really languishing in a creative cul-de-sac like we've had from several established veterans over the years. The averages... don't really tell the full story. There's a stupidly strong album in Planet Her's overlong running time but it kind of runs out of steam in its second half and that ends up extending into the bonus tracks. Inversely, Sour benefits from not sticking around too long, and honestly... a lot of Halsey's album is an absolute slog that eventually kicks into high gear in the last act, so I genuinely have no idea how she snatched that high an average. She did snatch a 10/10 from me, I guess, which Olivia and Doja didn't manage.

Billie and Taylor are operating on another level to be honest. Fantastic albums back to front and both some of my absolute favourites of the last few years.

Some of my favourites of the last ten years? Well...

Some of them are here.

[​IMG]
    BPG CLASSIQUE: 2011 EDITION

OPENING JANUARY 24TH

(I'm sorry @aux but I know from one hustler to another that you won't mind.)​

7. aux

aux

I have to enter forty-eight ballots.

[​IMG]

Crisp X, GimmeWork, Phloo and 36 others like this.
  8. I'm still drafting up my scores for the songs I've never listened to until now.

[​IMG]

9. Not me putting this off for weeks because I couldn't be bothered to listen to the Halsey album, only to discover it's actually great?

The pop-rock cigs really won this year.

10. Looks like none of their albums will get anything lower than a 7 this year. Only evermore to finish in the next 45-ish mins, I have not recapped every single album here, in due part to a stressful Andy's Man Club tonight, but I think I'm satisfied with my scores anyway and I want you to please allow me to consider which song will be my 11, because they are 8 so far to choose from. But it should all be coming in by midnight.

11. I have always found Halsey to be deeply irritating. Something about their vibe, their aura (don't @ me). So diving into the album at the start of the year my expectations were low. They probably benefited from this but I must say I am now thoroughly enamoured with their whole sad/mad depressed goth schtick.

Bells In Santa Fe

[​IMG]

Easier Than Lying

[​IMG]

I Am Not A Woman, I'm A God

[​IMG]

12. So, it’s kind of like a meta-commentary of their previous false starts of trying to join the BPG-rate pantheon. Halsey’s mind!

13. I Am Not A Woman, I'm A Big Pop Girl

[​IMG]

GimmeWork, Fuchsia, sesita and 24 others like this.
  14. Hmm but You Asked For This, Easier Than Lying, Girl Is A Gurl, and Lilith are in the top half?

Anyway I realized recently that Honey is this

except they're singing Shadowplay by Joy Division.

15. aux

aux

VOTING IS CLOSED, KINDA.

I'm waiting for a couple ballots from people who I know are 100% going to vote, they know who they are. If you've got a ballot that's nearly finished, just shoot it overnight since I will be asleep and won't get this started properly until tomorrow night at the earliest.

I'm outsourcing the rest of the ballots to enter for tonight to @thommyh, so hopefully, I'll be able to start tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone who voted thus far!​

16. When "Get Into It (Yuh)" somehow wins with a perfect 11 average... then what?
    [​IMG]

sesita, Dijah., dylanaber and 20 others like this.
  17. You’re so welcome!

18. Please wait for me! I swear I’m almost done!!

19. I’m typing it out now giving a few videos one last watch before pressing send tonight!

Phonetics Girl and aux like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.