BIG POP GIRLS 2021 - THE FINALE | Page 28 | The Popjustice Forum

BIG POP GIRLS 2021 - THE FINALE

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by aux, Dec 1, 2021.

1. RJF

RJF

If "Lost Cause" goes before one of Halsey's lil spooky chambermaid vibes I will riot.

K94, nikkysan, ohnostalgia and 11 others like this.
  2. Any or all of Darling, hope ur ok, and Options can leave.

Remorque and aux like this.
  3. Speaking of M - doesn’t Billie Boss Nova just sound like that iconic shot of Madonna in Justify My Love running down the corridor, clutching herself and throwing her head back in a cackle? It’s a great sex song cause it focuses on one of the best parts of fucking - anticipating and then revelling in the memories of your own nastiness.

Gosh. William needs to steamroll the girls.

K94, ohnostalgia, Remorque and 16 others like this.
  4. aux

aux

[​IMG]

SCORE: 6.8455

HIGHEST SCORE: 10 x 1 (@eatyourself)
    LOWEST SCORE: 4 x 1 (@Verandi)
    MY SCORE: 7.5

And we're back to Doja's bonus tracks which can't catch a break.

The chorus on "Ride" is so breezy and as a lil' summer girl, I was stanning like I was back in the beaches I grew up going to, drinking Malta with my friends and having my nostrils cleared by the salty air from the sea. And then I remembered I now live in the cold fascist island of England by the time the second rap verse came. I do really like the song, but much like the beaches in the UK, I'm not really sold on them even if they sometimes serve their purpose. This analogy probably sounded better in my head.

Anyways, I've mentioned it earlier but I'm not really a fan of the bonus tracks on Planet Her. However, I do think this song could've taken the place of "Imagine" on the standard album. I actually think it would slot right in between "Ain't Shit" and "Alone".

Much like many of these Doja tracks so far, it has never been performed live, so here's a snippet of her making the song... back in 2018 (?) when the song came out last year.

evilsin, K94, nikkysan and 56 others like this.
  5. Ride probably suffered from being among low tier bonus track material. It's such a fun, breezy bop and the melodies are so pretty.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    Remorque, sesita, Phloo and 6 others like this.
  6. R27

R27

Another decent Doja Cat song cut while the Dr. Luke songs remain untouched. I thought I could at least count on this forum's misandry to cut The Weeknd collab by now!

Remorque, Lost In Japan. and aux like this.
  7. [​IMG]

Atletico, K94, nikkysan and 27 others like this.
  8. I’m not sorry to see these bonus tracks go. A largely uneventful collection of songs that really…didn’t need to leave the vault.

These venoms for Lost Cause though… imagine not being able to revel in its nonchalant glory! A 9!

nikkysan, Remorque, thommyh and 5 others like this.
  9. This is so cute and breezy? STOP THE DOJA CULL it doesn't matter if the album has 33938989 tracks

10. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

We're only like 10 eliminations in and I'm already going "I thought that was already out?".

11. I think we’ve cleared the chaff mostly now. Taylor could lose one or two but I fear she probably got a good number of ballots of all 9s and 10s…

The tea is Halsey and Billie are the two that should be sailing through to the top at this point.

Remorque, GimmeWork, Babylon and 2 others like this.
  12. I just realized I gave this song a 9.5 because I finished my scores after the deadline lmao

aux likes this.
  13. Ride is a softly played at a barbeque type of serving. It's quite the apricot jam. No Body No Crime is a dramatic reading of a Desperate Housewives episode. OUT!

[​IMG]

14. Please. Leave at least some bops for the top 20.

Trouble in Paradise and aux like this.
  15. Like, sorry. I've been hearing murmurs of this around this thread. Stop. We're not gonna punish Doja's music here because he somehow forced credits on her album.

eatyourself, aux and dirtypony like this.
  16. aux

aux

[​IMG]

SCORE: 6.8989

HIGHEST SCORE: 10 x 2 (@Dijah., @eatyourself)
    LOWEST SCORE: 3 x 1 (@HeartSwells)
    MY SCORE: 7

The Planet Her cull continues...

"Alone" is the thirteenth track on the standard Planet Her album. The song is one of the softer and slower moments on the album, similarly to "Love To Dream". The song sees Doja become comfortable with being - well, I think it's obvious - alone after a failed relationship. I think this is the crux of what stops me from fully enjoying the song, it's a bit of an obvious song. However, despite that, the song does knock. The Positions chanteuse once said "It's a mood, it's a vibe" which pretty much summarises my feelings on this song. I adore the first verse after the chorus, Doja's voice is shining - I know she was clearing her throat with a lil' ginger and lemon before going into the recording booth.

Also, is it just me or the guitar riff in the production sounds kinda similar to TLC's "No Scrubs"? I just noticed it re-listening to the song.

She's never performed this live, so here's an Instagram Live- I don't know what the fuck this is okay? It's just something sweet for the fucking kids, okay?

evilsin, K94, nikkysan and 58 others like this.
  17. Well... another 7 in the casket. I guess when the quality level is so high overall, it makes sense songs like Alone, which don't really rise above "pretty great", would be getting eliminated this early.

18. Wait, what the fuck? This song is stunning. I guess I'm not that surprised but still. This deserved to stay at least a little longer.

Remorque, R27, Dijah. and 6 others like this.
  19. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

Alone is a cute girl, but the 5 Planet Her songs that have left were the exact 5 songs I would've removed from the album to make it all killer no filler. Well done. Now we can officially leave it alone!

20. YES!

Remorque and aux like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.