BIG POP GIRLS 2021 - THE FINALE | Page 32 | The Popjustice Forum

BIG POP GIRLS 2021 - THE FINALE

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by aux, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Options slaps. It is the no strings attached horny dick yearning anthem that I need in my life. Y’all did it dirty kicking it out before the Evermore bonus tracks.

Remorque, tea, boombazookajoe and 4 others like this.
  2. Really? I thought Options would easily make at least top 40.
    [​IMG]

3. I can accept it's time to go being out already (even if it deserved better), but right where you left me is an excellent song that shouldn't be getting eliminated any time soon

[​IMG]

4. Take what you want, take what you can
    Take what you please, don't give a damn

Ask for forgiiiiiiiiveness, never permiiiiiiission
    Take what you want, take what you can
    Take what you please, don't give a damn

It's in the bloooood and this is traditioooon

To me this whole song tastes like a rich "fuck the patriarchy" flavored treat! Not the first Halsey track I'd chose to exit. Why y'all hate it so much? Is it a bpm thing? Not feeling the "tired and angry but somebody should be" feminist flavor?

5. Honestly for me it's the welcome to my kitchen verses.

Remorque, happiestgirl and aux like this.
  6. I have one question for those who said that a silent majority would sink Halsey despite the support shown by a vocal minority - how does my ass taste?

Inland Empire, Serg., Attis and 20 others like this.
  7. RJF

RJF

I’ll let you know when she gets out the bottom of the rate unscathed but isn’t anywhere near the Top 10.

8. If I Am Not a Woman, I'm a God doesn't make the top 10, something must've gone very wrong somewhere along the way.

10. aux

aux

[​IMG]

SCORE: 7.0899

HIGHEST SCORE: 10 x 5 (@Jonathan27, @pop3blow2, @Slice of Life, @sesita, @Petty Mayonnaise)
    LOWEST SCORE: 3 x 1 (@HeartSwells)
    MY SCORE: 7

Taylor continues her streak.

I know some Swifties might come for my neck for saying this but "dorothea" is just there for me. We really don't give a fuck, it's not a major holiday. It's a good song, much like the rest of evermore, but it's nothing that has me shaking in my Louis Vuitton boots. I honestly don't have anything bad to say about it, rather, it just never stuck out to me as an essential on the album when there's about ten songs that are better than it. I will say, this should've left a bitsy later, specially when "long story short" and "coney island (feat. The National)" are still in the rate.

Onto the goods! I love Taylor's vocals on here - her vocals are super airy and relaxed. The melody is great too, the whole song just feels like its soaring with Taylor's vocals and the cute "oooooooh" that makes up half the song. I also live for the little hint of an electric guitar in the background, I wish there was more of that in evermore - hopefully seashore or whatever she calls her next album has more of that.

Speaking of words that finish with "ore", let's talk a bit about the lore of this song. For some reason, Taylor sees Dorothea as a person who went to the same school that Betty, James and Inez went to. Betty, James and Inez were the characters of the "betty" / "august" / "cardigan" trilogy on folklore. "dorothea" shares similarities to that trilogy since it sees Taylor sing from the perspective of an old lover reminiscing on an old flame - this potentially links it to another song on the record. On evermore, Swifties have speculated that "dorothea" and "'tis the damn season" are connected. Taylor has said that "dorothea" is a song about a girl who left to Hollywood to chase her dreams and Swifties think "'tis the damn season" is the song that sees her feelings on returning to her hometown. The MCU wishes it could compare with this intricate storytelling.

Miss Swift hasn't performed this because she has yet to give us an evermore: the long pond studio sessions (I know, she's given us everything else so I'll keep my MOOF closed), so here's another 'track eight' by Taylor.

11. Oof this one hurts. I think it's down to evermore being mostly downtempo in general but Dorothea feels like such a breath of fresh air. The melody on "Damn Dorothea, they all wanna be ya" with the twinkling synths added underneath for the post-chorus are two of my favorite moments on its parent album, and the reason it's become one of my most played from it.

12. I-

There are at least 3 Evermore songs that should go before Dorothea, which is a cute little bop. The math ain't mathing.

13. Dorothea is such a gorgeous track and a much needed breath of fresh air after the first half of evermore. The harmonies are otherworldly, especially from bridge onwards.

Not that y'all would get it after skipping through the album to get back to one of Halsey's six poorly written album openers.

[​IMG]

Remorque and aux like this.
  14. Remorque, aux and Trouble in Paradise like this.
  15. Dorothea is like debut album Taylor through a 2021 filter. I love it.

16. Dorothea is one of the few songs with a memorable chorus on the album nn. Some of the ballads needed to go first.

Remorque, Trouble in Paradise and aux like this.
  17. I love getting my way

[​IMG]

18. A quick pop3flowchart2 of the last few minutes.

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 6.21.35 PM.png
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. We did something very wrong when Long Story Short is not the first standard track out

dylanaber, Remorque, Remyky22 and 3 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.