BIG POP GIRLS 2021 - THE FINALE | Page 33 | The Popjustice Forum

BIG POP GIRLS 2021 - THE FINALE

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by aux, Dec 1, 2021.

1. dorothea being different from the predominant balladry ≠ being a remarkable song

2. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I marked long story short down for the lyrics, but the song bops more than dorothea.

3. Not my Dorothea... not my Dorothea....

[​IMG]

4. long story short slaps and that's that.

5. Dorothea being the next Taylor song to leave feels correct.

RainOnFire, Remorque and aux like this.
  6. I don't know what it is because I really like Dorothea when it's playing but I don't really have any desire to play it and thus it was my lowest score on evermore. I'm so sorry fellow Swifties!!

aux, R27 and Remorque like this.
  7. aux

aux

[​IMG]

SCORE: 7.118

HIGHEST SCORE: 10 x 4 (@GimmeWork, @Sprockrooster, @Blond, @Ashling92)
    LOWEST SCORE: 2 x 1 (@theelusivechanteuse)
    MY SCORE: 7.5

And with this elimination, Olivia has lost five out of her eleven tracks in this rate. Eleven, number eleven, I could not believe it.

"traitor" is the second track on SOUR and is the fourth single release from the album. I genuinely don't know why they pushed this over "brutal" or "jealousy, jealousy". Thankfully "brutal" received the single treatment later down the line, but still, this was a baffling single. It's a good song, I like it, but I would've thought after the success of "good 4 u", it seemed like the perfect idea to keep the pop-punk lite sound on the radio rather than another "drivers license" wannabe. That's kind of the crux of my issue with this song - it has a great melody, if a bit meandering - but lyrically, it's just a redux of everything else already tackled elsewhere on other songs (and in this case, better). I will say - much like "drivers license" - this song feels clearly inspired by Lorde. The production's ethereal backing vocals scream Lorde to me, which is certainly a welcome addition. Overall, I do think this could've lasted longer considering what is still left in the rate.

The music video also feels so half-assed, damn ma, was there no budget this time around? This does a much better job at being a music video than the official one. I really like what she did with this entire concert and its concept; this song certainly was a highlight of it.

evilsin, K94, Remorque and 58 others like this.
  8. It’s getting weird.

9. aux

aux

Apologies for the late ass elimination, there was drama going on with some flatmates so I didn't have the chance until now. I'm going to try and speed up the eliminations to two a night from here on out, mainly because I want to mimic slightly how BPG normally is ran.

I'm going to bed now since my sleeping schedule got fucked up last night, but tomorrow, we'll begin with the double eliminations earlier than today.

See you then!

[​IMG]

K94, Remorque, nikkysan and 51 others like this.
  10. The line "you talked to her when we were together" takes me out of traitor every single time. Like I love a good moment of teenage angst whatever but something about that lyric just makes me irrationally angry
    [​IMG]

K94, Remorque, nikkysan and 16 others like this.
  11. Traitor brings out the bitter old f/hag in me, overwrought & underbaked

12. Traitor is a really good song, especially melodically. I needed songs to dock points from though so this wound up being one of them. I think the songwriting just sounds a bit clumsy in places. Mostly the chords. The verses are actually really good, as is the bridge. It's something about the chorus lyrics. "It took you two weeks to go off and date her" has always irked me as such an awkward lyric and I have no idea why.

So basically, I do really enjoy this song, as with most of her album. But I needed to lower some scores so I docked a lot of points for some lyrics. Sorry Olivia!

Remorque, Babyface, GimmeWork and 2 others like this.
  13. If we're still culling Olivia, can we at least get jealousy jealousy out? traitor is a fine cut.

14. [​IMG]

K94, Remorque, tea and 13 others like this.
  15. My absolute lowest scores in the rate are all still in while I've already lost two 10s.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
  16. I thought I could trust you!

Remorque, Remyky22, Babyface and 3 others like this.
  17. This is fucked up

K94, Remorque, KingBruno and 5 others like this.
  18. N n ..aka...a.... Traitor? ...ddd

Not gonna lie, when I saw my mention, I thought y'all had finally taken out The Tradition... Gagged to see she's still standing with out a scratch.

In all seriousness, Traitor is leaving way too early here. In many ways (for me) it more effectively conveys that raw emotion than even Driver's License (which now I fear will also leave too early). I hear her pain. I feel it and I'm living my best Alanis fantasy to it... so not pleased, but not pressed.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
  19. Um what the fuck. No chance I should be losing 10s already, Traitor is excellent.

Remorque, aux and GimmeWork like this.
  20. aux

aux

All of you seeing me post the elimination at the bottom of the page by accident.

[​IMG]

evilsin, K94, Remorque and 29 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.