BIG POP GIRLS 2021 - THE FINALE | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

BIG POP GIRLS 2021 - THE FINALE

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by aux, Dec 1, 2021.

1. RJF

RJF

The schisms, the chasms... yes, crumble to pieces, you evil queers!

There is an ever-increasing gulf between what pop culture considers its Big Pop Girls and what this forum of mostly nearly thirty/thirty/over thirty homos consider a Big Pop Girl. Or rather, a Big Pop Girl worth getting excited over. In an alternate reality we're all five plus years younger and live posting during one of Doja's Twitch streams because she's IT and we're LIVING, but... the time has somewhat passed.

It is a low-key ballot, but outside of Doja the girls generally were serving low-key anyway, and this is the ebb and flow of BPG ultimately. I'm actually surprised that Lil Nas X didn't make the cut purely to remedy that, but Miss @aux had her reasons for the decisions she made, as is her wont as host, and I respect that!

2. It's honestly the first year without a truly terrible album so I'm happy with the list tbh.

3. I haven't actually listened to three of these albums yet, but have been meaning to so this is the perfect opportunity. I will be checking the credits on each of Ms. Cat's songs and scoring appropriately, though.

Remorque and aux like this.
  4. It's Page 7 and this is the thread's first mention of Dancing with the Devil: The Art of Unnecessarily Long Album Titles.

5. Thank you Laura for reminding me of these 10/10s

6. ddd I was literally thinking a few minutes ago how, in all the discussion over the last few months about who should or shouldn't be in the 2021 BPG rate, Demi wasn't mentioned once.

K94, Lila, johnny_tsunami and 18 others like this.
  7. Demi’s too busy advocating for extraterrestrial lives to be a pop star!!

8. Mariah is skinny. Fuck

tea, Laurence, Heartthrob and 30 others like this.
  9. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

Almost missed my train because i was staring at this gif.

10. I know we said that commercial success isn't the be all and end all for BPG inclusion, but after Album For Sale At Half Price barely even scraped into the top 10?

11. [​IMG]

Don‘t be jealous you all cause your faves album didn‘t get an album of the year nomination.

12. I had to google "Love For Sale" to remember what it was nn

13. This feels like the most genuinely blockbuster BPG line-up in years to me, what are people talking about? That 30 and MONTERO should probably objectively be here over Halsey but it still being a really heavy-hitter group of albums says a lot about the strength and unpredictability of this year in pop.

This is a separate can of worms but I'm kind of struck that there's almost nothing outside of those included or mentioned above that would qualify for an Extras section. Cardi's "Up" and that's it.

Remorque, happiestgirl, aux and 4 others like this.
  14. "Big bag bussin' out the Bentley Bentayga
    Man, Balenciaga Bardi back and all these bitches fucked (woo)
    It's big bags bussin' out the Bentley Bentayga, man
    Birkin bag, Bardi back and all you bitches fucked (woo)"
    [​IMG]

Whenever mother drops the album that alliteration gets my 11. Belcalis blesses with the best big bops!

15. I wrote *checks notes* because I literally had to look up what Gaga's latest Jazz album was called ff. The lack of impact.

16. The Halsey inclusion? THANK YOU @aux.

17. I read this with the same cadence as "almost ran the red cause you were looking over at me"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    Jersey, Monado, Remorque and 19 others like this.
  18. R27

R27

Maybe "Good Days" (although it did admittedly fall short of being the massive hit it was shaping up to be)? Hopefully I'll have the chance to give it the 11 it deserves in the BPG 2027 rate!

19. I haven't listened to Doja Cat or Halsey yet but Evermore, Happier Than Ever and Sour are my favourite albums of the last 12 months. My averages are already insane.

20. There’s something so classy and confident about the ballot @aux has put together. It’s all select cuts, nothing extraneous. I know she’s going to deliver a quality rate because her eye is fixed firmly on the future, unlike some of you who are waiting to be picked up and dropped off at the Comeback Corner in your full adult diapers.

tea, Babylon, Dreampopboy and 41 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.