BIG POP GIRLS 2021 - THE FINALE | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

BIG POP GIRLS 2021 - THE FINALE

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by aux, Dec 1, 2021.

1. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

I think... this is quite possibly my favourite BPG rate in terms of the albums because I like every single one of them. This is going to be a nightmare to rate

[​IMG]

2. If someone had told me a year ago I'd be giving an 11 to Halsey I'd have laughed them off the forum. But here we are...

3. Trying to decide between Taylor and Halsey for my 11, suddenly the Kayleeigh is me

4. Pretty sure this is getting my 11 for the bridge alone.

Excited for the piss poor takes and meltdowns in this thread. At least all the albums are pretty good or great.

5. I've gone through the whole playlist for the first time and I must confess, I was not expecting Halsey to laser-ray the hair off of my head. Girl Is a Gun belongs in the top 10.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
    joe_alouder, tea, Babylon and 21 others like this.

6. [​IMG]

7. For Your Consideration

[​IMG]

tea, K94, Jersey and 16 others like this.
  8. While I agree that SOUR is the weakest of these albums, it's still a good to great listen.

And surely this is a dead cert for the top 5?

[​IMG]

joe_alouder, stuaw, K94 and 13 others like this.
  9. Island

Island Staff Member

They way that Halsey’s album is probably the best one here.

10. I revisited Planet Her for the first time in a while because of this rate, and while I do like it, I can't help but think the whole album is a bit too "pleasant music to mildly bop to". It's all very solid and enjoyable, but it's just a bit too smooth and radio-friendly, it feels like it's lacking some bite. Solid scores all around (I didn't rate anything below 7), but it just doesn't really reach the same heights the other albums here do.

11. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

I didn't enjoy anything more than Kiss Me More the one and only time I listened to Planet Her, so I'm wondering if a second listen will do anything for me.

Remorque and aux like this.
  12. Payday is a beast. Make sure it gets top 5 at the very least.

13. We need some drama in this thread. Everyone say what well-liked song they hate.

Mine is Kiss Me More.

14. I Don't Do Drugs is tortuous

Good thing it's preceded by great songs

Remorque, pondeforehead and aux like this.
  15. Deja Vu. The lyrics are just so cringe to me, especially the Glee/Uptown Girl references. Like, I get what she was going for, but it just doesn't work.

Jersey, aux and Verandi like this.
  16. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I kind of wish Not My Responsibility was in the rate - it’s a 10 from me.

17. Let's try this one.

gold rush is overrated as hell.

[​IMG]

18. maybe so but give it a 10 anyway, we need to offset An*Raquel’s hating ass scores

19. K94

K94

Halsey over Montero??

[​IMG]

but still

[​IMG]

R92, Mr Blonde, aaronhansome and 12 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.